If TStan can’t recognize this garbage

Not defending Collins because his tenure has sucked. But let's not act like he inherited anything like the talent level Johnson inherited. Paul looked at what was coming back and that likely helped quite a bit in his decision to QUIT. Again....he QUIT.

All of you wanting to ride Johnson's johnson need to remember that. He quit. And left the cupboard f'ing bare when he did, too.
If the talent has improved since Johnson left, why have the results gotten worse?

If the talent has improved since Johnson left, why have the results gotten worse?
What part of my saying that Collins' coaching staff has sucked aren't you getting? But I AM willing to give them credit for bringing in more depth and talent.

I'm still befuddled why some of those offensive linemen haven't been able to work their way into the lineup as of yet but I lost confidence in Pautenaude's playcalling about 3 games into his first season...just way too predictable.

And the # of wide receivers from about 7 teams this year who have been open by 10+ yards is simply indefensible. Either the scheme sucks, the coaching sucks, the players aren't doing what they're coached to do, or all of the above.

What part of my saying that Collins' coaching staff has sucked aren't you getting? But I AM willing to give them credit for bringing in more depth and talent.

I'm still befuddled why some of those offensive linemen haven't been able to work their way into the lineup as of yet but I lost confidence in Pautenaude's playcalling about 3 games into his first season...just way too predictable.

And the # of wide receivers from about 7 teams this year who have been open by 10+ yards is simply indefensible. Either the scheme sucks, the coaching sucks, the players aren't doing what they're coached to do, or all of the above.
I got lost 3 pages ago trying to figure out how you prove better talent when the result has been 9 wins in 3 years.

I got lost 3 pages ago trying to figure out how you prove better talent when the result has been 9 wins in 3 years.
You're correct. My bad. We QUITE OBVIOUSLY need to go back to a starting offensive line averaging 265 pounds. My apologies.

You're correct. My bad. We QUITE OBVIOUSLY need to go back to a starting offensive line averaging 265 pounds. My apologies.
I don't think people get it. Who cares about recruiting rankings if they don't help you win? CPJ won with those smaller oline for many years. Our guys are bigger now, great, why do we care? They aren't helping the team win. The last 2 games pointed out the obvious, there was no improvement this year. Some of the final scores prior to the last 2 games were respectable; unless you actually watched the game and saw how poorly the team played.

I don't doubt that Paul would have won more than 9. But Paul wouldn't have had this talent. Many of the current recruits have stated that they weren't really considering GT before because of the offensive system we ran (and that was offensive & defensive players saying that).

Collins has sucked. No argument there. But I will repeat....he has done TWO really valuable services to GT football.
1 - He has recruited better talent. So if/when he ends up leaving, at least the next guy will inherit more talent than he did.
2 - He has proven that it is possible to recruit and keep players eligible. I've been a Tech fan since I started school there in 84 and I had bought into the argument that we just simply couldn't recruit in the same pool as UGAg and others. That has proven not to really be the case.
Gibbs.

There is no proof otherwise the talent is better. The ol looks like a bunch of overweight pansies out there. The wr’s aren’t any better, the dl is mostly same guys we had before, lb’s same, secondary same. We have a few te’s that really aren’t, well decent. Talent isn’t beating GT this year losing to NIU, Pitt, UVA, VT, BC, Miami, etc. Sure, a few breaks here and there some of the games might have been different.
The players don’t know their assignments. The db’s aren’t missing by a mile because they are slow, THEY PLAY SLOW because they don’t know what the öööö to do. Ugag dL shifts the oline öööös their britches. They don’t know how to play football. That is the biggest testament to this staff. BTW, this staff is the ONLY staff to blame for our current situation. Johnson is gone, he had his warts with false starts and defense also but THIS staff is to blame for all good and all bad this year. They suck.

Jamious Griffin has fewer carries, fewer yards, and fewer touchdowns than Preston Lyons in the same number of years in the program.

If he’s your example of how great recruiting has been under Geoff Collins, then maybe that’s why we’re in the predicament that we’re in.

“Fourth smallest senior class in college football”

Watching #77 allow a UGA defender to have a free run at his QB and then crying to the ref tells me all I need to know about our culture. SOFT.
No pride and no accountability.
Can you point me to this clip?

AJC embarrassing:
Geoff Collins' third season ends with Tech being outscored 100-0

First time ever I’ve agreed with Bark Madly.

I don't think people get it. Who cares about recruiting rankings if they don't help you win? CPJ won with those smaller oline for many years. Our guys are bigger now, great, why do we care? They aren't helping the team win. The last 2 games pointed out the obvious, there was no improvement this year. Some of the final scores prior to the last 2 games were respectable; unless you actually watched the game and saw how poorly the team played.
Also, don’t forget that we had multiple guys on our O-line that were 5-6 yr Seniors. Guys that one would assume should have been able to hold their own against opposing defenses by opening running lanes and knowing how to pass block, but lo and behold that didnt appear to be the case. Im no rocket scientist or even a GT grad, but a simple eye test seemed to indicate that we failed miserably at that position with guys that should have known how to play the position despite any coaching shortcomings. Amirite, over simplifying, or just ööööing completely off base?

I remember before the season started when the powers that be said we needed to make a bowl. Then we lost to NIU. Before long it was, “we need to win 2 of these next 3 and really show that we’ve made progress in order to retain the coach.”

Then it was “win 1.” Then it was “put up a good effort against ND.”

We need two weeks to flatten the curve.

Back