If we come away with anything from last night's results

GoldZ

Dodd-Like
I respectfully disagree with you. I came away from last night with the feeling that three years of horrible, uncoached football strengthens your enemies. I came away with the conviction that every Tech fan should write Cabrera and say not one more penny in donations or ticket sales until Collins is gone. We helped Georgia win last night be being so damn crummy. If we ever have a decent coach, then --and only then-- should we support the athletic department that has created this nightmare and refuses to end it.
You got the right person to write to. Nobody else, other than a dozen Dewberry's, will have a chance to impact change. As an OF I won't live to see it, but I have believed for 50+ years that athletic success has no-nada-zero impact on academic standing. Corporations will not stop lining up to hire our graduates because we win at football.

gambler

Went all in with 80k
This is a great point. I'm a mid-20's GT grad, I'm not exactly the founder of a $10 B market cap NASDAQ company but I make good money and am good with money, and I could easily find a few grand per year to hand over to GT every year...if I had any confidence that they meant business. I'm not alone. We're not total retards like the Texas A&M oil boomers, but we exist and we're waiting for some sign of leadership from GTAA. I don't even care if it's football. Show me some sign of life that you intend to change the game in basketball or even baseball and I'm in. But I'm not donating for warm bodies to cash in paychecks, sorry.
You're making a chicken or egg argument. Does the change come first or the money? Seems to me the money has to come first. It's obvious the programs making stride didn't hit the coaching lottery but rather used the lottery winnings to buy the coaches and now subsequently the players.

The problem is that the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent. But in any case it's time to pony up young buck.

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Money solves a lot of problems. It’s definitely needed if Tech wants to compete in football again. But who would give complete fools a fortune to invest? Right now complete fools are running things.

Id like to see Tech return to some glory days but I don’t expect to see it happen. Right now just being average would be a huge improvement. But that necessitates changed and admissions in errors. Difficult for the prideful and incompetents that have power.

Jacket & Coke

Train Driver
Fact is, the dwags have outspent our 1/6 millionaires by a considerable margin.

That's really the story in it's entirety. They want it more than we do and they put their money where there mouth is and all we do is talk.

And all you morons that want GT back in the SEC? You can't afford it so stay in the ACC where you belong.
Bingo. We had much better academics than theirs and hung with them in football in the glory days. We don't have a shortage of potential donors w cash. But they aren't going to throw their money away on a 3-9 program. We need a Josh Heupel type coach who can do less w more. Then the cash will pour in. I know it hurts some Tech alumni eyes to read this, but we need more sidewalk fans too. Atlanta is full of imports. Not everyone wants to be a mutt.