I'm not mad at it

I'm not mad about the result, but I don't think we should've played UCF. We are still deep in the rebuild mode and would've been much better racking up a win against a scrub team than to play a very talented, well-coached opponent. We'll get that later in the year with Clemson and ND.

I know TStan has ties to UCF, but that game was not in our program's best interest.

From what I've read so far, the main question is if we could of scheduled a new cream puff instead (if yes, then why not). The cream puff we already had scheduled isn't playing football and ND became a conference game, so the only other option already scheduled was UGA and if the ACC told us we had to play OOC this particular weekend then that wasnt an option (no SEC).

Maybe it was cause of the TStan tie or cause we just wanted a marquee game win or lose, but I think other plausible reasons are not wanting to fork over money for another cream puff (depending on what happened with the Gardner Webb money and whether UCF demanded anything if we didnt play) or the ACC just gave us a öööö week to find a new OOC opponent for.

I'm not mad about the result, but I don't think we should've played UCF. We are still deep in the rebuild mode and would've been much better racking up a win against a scrub team than to play a very talented, well-coached opponent. We'll get that later in the year with Clemson and ND.

I know TStan has ties to UCF, but that game was not in our program's best interest.
To get better, we needed to play. We are fortunate we could play at all, much less 11 games. Others aren't so lucky. We are a ways from being even average, but we are getting better.

To get better, we needed to play. We are fortunate we could play at all, much less 11 games. Others aren't so lucky. We are a ways from being even average, but we are getting better.

I don't disagree. I would've used it as an opportunity to try to play someone else.

There was little to be gained by playing that team. Their offense is difficult to prepare for, much like playing against a 3O for the first time. I wouldn't want to do that either.

Ongoing? Exaggerate much? It shouldn't happen, but it isn't as dire as you are describing
Yes, ongoing. Happened in several games last year, some more than once in the game. Happened again last week and 3 times Saturday. Check it out. If you consider it not to be an issue, then we just disagree.

Yes, ongoing. Happened in several games last year, some more than once in the game. Happened again last week and 3 times Saturday. Check it out. If you consider it not to be an issue, then we just disagree.
I don't so I disagree

I don't disagree. I would've used it as an opportunity to try to play someone else.

There was little to be gained by playing that team. Their offense is difficult to prepare for, much like playing against a 3O for the first time. I wouldn't want to do that either.

I think it's the exact game our team needed, besides winning it. We will grow big time. This film and memory will haunt the guys and make them better.

I think we'll be humbled several more times this year. We need Ws.
I can see that, but personally think there is benefit to getting that first taste of a top 15 team early in the year and out of conference. There is growth from a game like that that will benefit us the rest of the year. Who knows, maybe we grab an extra W in ACC play based on that experience and the things the team learned in that game.

I can see that, but personally think there is benefit to getting that first taste of a top 15 team early in the year and out of conference. There is growth from a game like that that will benefit us the rest of the year. Who knows, maybe we grab an extra W in ACC play based on that experience and the things the team learned in that game.
If we eke out a win vs UND then I'll give credit to scheduling the UCF game

Back