I'm not mad at it

CarsonNewmanJacket

Your average fart joke teller
I don’t know if y’all were watching the same game I was or not, but this was pathetic. Collins needs to know he can’t sub out on defense, Sims needs to play smarter, and it’s not even the freshman mistakes I’m mad at. It’s the missing wide open receivers for TDs, not sliding and getting rocked, and fumbling the ball in the red zone that pisses me off. We need to stop playing Roof defense and not allow 100 receiving yards for 1 receiver in the 1st half. Clearly we didn’t do any film work or scouting on these guys. Piss poor all around. Yeah the refs had some to do with it, but this was the laziest game of football I’ve seen out of a P5 school.

GTce93

Varsity Lurker
Did we have 471 yards of offense in any game last year? I can’t imagine we did.
we never clipped 400 last year. We've done it both games this year.

I think we found a decent kicker in Stewart, too. I watched a lot of the kickers pre-game / half-time warm-ups, and 87 just kicks it low. His arc never even comes close to the flags on the uprights. Stewart's do- so, actually- I'm shocked the coaches didn't notice this and put Kelly out there.

I was pleased by the effort and play-makers, and a lot of other stuff, really. We just made too many mistakes. Still fun / exciting to watch. We're building.

Go Jackets!

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
I don’t know if y’all were watching the same game I was or not, but this was pathetic. Collins needs to know he can’t sub out on defense, Sims needs to play smarter, and it’s not even the freshman mistakes I’m mad at. It’s the missing wide open receivers for TDs, not sliding and getting rocked, and fumbling the ball in the red zone that pisses me off. We need to stop playing Roof defense and not allow 100 receiving yards for 1 receiver in the 1st half. Clearly we didn’t do any film work or scouting on these guys. Piss poor all around. Yeah the refs had some to do with it, but this was the laziest game of football I’ve seen out of a P5 school.
I know you're mostly venting so I get it but seriously, we are playing mostly freshman and sophomores. We are going to make a lot of mental mistakes. When you are this young, you look for things that show you our potential when we put it all together. Do we show enough to say we have a high ceiling? I'd say yes, for the most part. We still a few recruits away on both lines but you can see the increase in talent level already even if the scoreboard shows otherwise. UCF has been good for a while, too, so score wasnt a surprise. Make mistakes against that team and you pay. I have to admit I was quite jealous of that high tempo UCF offense, though.

Killick

“The past is never dead. It's not even past.”
The clock management at the end of the first half was just awful. First and goal, a minute and a half to go, a timeout in your pocket, and all you can think to do is spike the ball??? Clock Management is not one of Collins strengths.

supersenior

Jolly Good Fellow
The clock management at the end of the first half was just awful. First and goal, a minute and a half to go, a timeout in your pocket, and all you can think to do is spike the ball??? Clock Management is not one of Collins strengths.
I hoped that was a miscommunication or Sims making a freshman mistake. Did we really call for that?

codeblue

Varsity Lurker
Light years ahead of where we were last year and some very talented young players. Excited to watch them turn into superstars. And anyone dogging a true freshman qb for a game where he had some ups and down never played ball and has no clue. No doubt he is the real deal. Gibbs is special too. Lots to look forward too.

rain

Dodd-Like
Amen. Remember the general consensus was 4 years to be competitive. We’re starting to see things move into place. We are on schedule.
I think we are competitive this year. I will continue to think that unless I see zero improvement and actual backsliding. I would like to see us have a better than break even season this year. Then next year make some real noise.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Absolutely. We should at least have a play in the playbook ready for that situation that has a few routes in it. Throw it out of the end zone if nobody is open