Impact on Recruiting

Walton

Damn Good Rat
No one on this board knows; doesn’t have a clue. Who are they going to play for: Tenn? USC? There are only so many slots so we will have a shot at a bunch of them.

Also, not sure why you are worried about it. If Collins recruits well, then he will turn around the quality on the field. If he doesn’t then he will not last long. Point is, Collins is the one it effects; he is the only one that will be effected. The fans are along for the ride either way.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
This. If a team coached by Geoff Collins can only succeed because we have better athletes, we’re going to be straight dogshit for years. He ain’t out recruiting UGA or Clemson.
About as intelligent as 90% of your posts. In other words, pretty stupid.
You honestly think we've competed with UGA and Clemson the past 2 years with CPJ?

rfjeff9

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
and judging by what we've seen so far, he's going to keep losing. He may get good recruits and then he will waste their talents and abilities with this level of subpar coaching.
What evidence do you have that he will lose or waste talent and abilities if he has good recruits?

He hasn't coached any here yet except the punter. And he's doing fine.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
What evidence do you have that he will lose or waste talent and abilities if he has good recruits?

I disagree. Tre Swilling appears to be flourishing under Collins' tutelage and will likely reap a hefty NFL reward at some point in the near future because of it.

rfjeff9

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I disagree. Tre Swilling appears to be flourishing under Collins' tutelage and will likely reap a hefty NFL reward at some point in the near future because of it.
Oh yeah. Forgot him.

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like
and judging by what we've seen so far, he's going to keep losing. He may get good recruits and then he will waste their talents and abilities with this level of subpar coaching.
Pretty stupid to judge anything base on three games.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression

what evidence - and hope isn't evidence - that he won't?
he's the head coach. when it's obvious the team performs better with one quarterback than the other, yet the quarterback shuttle continues, that's on him. he can tell the OC, I want this guy in and we're sticking with him.
(a story PJ told me years ago when he was OC at Southern playing Northern Iowa in the playoffs, and UNI's coach coached from the press box. They rode the elevator down together and the UNI coach said I told them if we stayed in that defense, we'd get killed. PJ said he thought to himself - you're the head coach. you can tell them to get out of that defense)
we're also one iffy call at the goal line away from being 0-3, against a USF team that just might finish 1-11.
we seem to keep playing worse each week too

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like
he's the head coach. when it's obvious the team performs better with one quarterback than the other, yet the quarterback shuttle continues, that's on him. he can tell the OC, I want this guy in and we're sticking with him.
(a story PJ told me years ago when he was OC at Southern playing Northern Iowa in the playoffs, and UNI's coach coached from the press box. They rode the elevator down together and the UNI coach said I told them if we stayed in that defense, we'd get killed. PJ said he thought to himself - you're the head coach. you can tell them to get out of that defense)
we're also one iffy call at the goal line away from being 0-3, against a USF team that just might finish 1-11.
We're also one questionable call by the refs from bring 2-1. Quit trying to rewrite history.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Rock Ya Sin

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like
Paul Johnson was hired December 7, 2007. You joined Stingtalk December 8, 2007. We know where your loyalty lies, and it's not with Tech.

rfjeff9

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
"what evidence - and hope isn't evidence - that he won't?"

I guess you've never given the benefit of the doubt to anyone before, huh? Never got behind a new coach before? Never hoped for the best? Never been the optimist?

If your mantra is "You suck till you prove otherwise" then I can't help you. As for me and my house, we started out with hope and got behind CGC, same as we did for CBR, CBL, CGO, CCG, and CPJ. To do otherwise is anti-Tech, and quite frankly part of the problem with the overall fan base.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
It’s one in the same -the 404 identifies with GT.
Nope. GT is an international brand. GT has a list of logos of which "404" is not one. I am already dreading what UGA will do with the "404" pitch this fall.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
Nope. GT is an international brand. GT has a list of logos of which "404" is not one. I am already dreading what UGA will do with the "404" pitch this fall.
Who gives a öööö about UGA? The recruits are identifying with it...that's the point. Not what some dude who thinks Georgia State is the D1 school in the 404 thinks.