In Paul I trust....

I was watching in the midst of more than a dozen dwag fans.

Explains how freakin stupid you've been today.

Ill blame the stupidity you've been around all day apparently.

Btw, why do you think being around a bunch of inbred idiots while watching this game is something to be proud of? I was surrounded by a ton of tech fans, and even if we had lost, I would have come out smarter than I went in. Clearly you can't say the same.

Explains how freakin stupid you've been today.

Ill blame the stupidity you've been around all day apparently.

Btw, why do you think being around a bunch of inbred idiots while watching this game is something to be proud of? I was surrounded by a ton of tech fans, and even if we had lost, I would have come out smarter than I went in. Clearly you can't say the same.

I had no choice. In-laws.

We need to realize that this years success not only was PJ's doing but a large part due to Teddy. Only Florida had been able to hold the dawgs to 24 points are less than all year. Without Roof and his defense and his recruiting talents, this year would not have been possible. Yes, we need to try to keep pj, but don't put us in a position where we are forced to under pay our dc and other coaches. Also if pj does decide to jump ship, which I doubt he will do if he is smart, I think there are other coaches out there who can coach his style offense with better recruiting talents that would be available for us. My point: Lets don't knee jerk!

Some call this game lucky. Here's what I saw:

First quarter: UGA dominated both sides of the trenches
Second quarter: stalemate in the trenches
Third/Fourth quarters: Tech dominated the trenches

There were some big plays and big breaks both directions. But we decimated their defense the final 35 minutes of that game - and did it without arguably our best offensive player in Smelter. We both outplayed them in general AND made the big plays when they counted. They scored on 2 4th down plays, a BS fumble recovery, and a chip shot FG in which they ran 6 plays inside the 3 yard line. If anything, they we're lucky to be in the game at the end.

Some call this game lucky. Here's what I saw:

First quarter: UGA dominated both sides of the trenches
Second quarter: stalemate in the trenches
Third/Fourth quarters: Tech dominated the trenches

There were some big plays and big breaks both directions. But we decimated their defense the final 35 minutes of that game - and did it without arguably our best offensive player in Smelter. We both outplayed them in general AND made the big plays when they counted. They scored on 2 4th down plays, a BS fumble recovery, and a chip shot FG in which they ran 6 plays inside the 3 yard line. If anything, they we're lucky to be in the game at the end.

I agree with all of this....If not for a bogus call where the whistle should have blown, we win this game going away....not to mention the incomplete "fumble" pass....

Coit probably has PTSD from the game.

I sure had some, had trouble sleeping last night...

Not trollin' just being realistic. I am definitely enjoying the win!

Just like one win doesn't make a season, to quote CPJ, one win shouldn't change someone's mind about a coach.

It's not the one win, it's going 4-0 against the "big 4" that everyone was worried about; and doing it with a first year starter at QB and a defense with significant deficiencies up front. Unless the wheels just completely fall off the cart we'll likely finish in the top 20 with a team that was supposed to be one of worst of the ACC Coastal.

Coit probably has PTSD from the game.

I sure had some, had trouble sleeping last night...

Naw man, I was fine. I just don't ride the rollercoaster of emotions that some folks do, so I can assess things as they really are.

It's not the one win, it's going 4-0 against the "big 4" that everyone was worried about; and doing it with a first year starter at QB and a defense with significant deficiencies up front. Unless the wheels just completely fall off the cart we'll likely finish in the top 20 with a team that was supposed to be one of worst of the ACC Coastal.

That's a good point, but wouldn't 3 out of 4 be almost as good.

Or put another way, what if GT had lost yesterday. Would you be completely butthurt or would you be saying everything you just said above, except for 3-1 instead of 4-0?

We need to realize that this years success not only was PJ's doing but a large part due to Teddy. Only Florida had been able to hold the dawgs to 24 points are less than all year. Without Roof and his defense and his recruiting talents, this year would not have been possible. Yes, we need to try to keep pj, but don't put us in a position where we are forced to under pay our dc and other coaches. Also if pj does decide to jump ship, which I doubt he will do if he is smart, I think there are other coaches out there who can coach his style offense with better recruiting talents that would be available for us. My point: Lets don't knee jerk!

I don't know that Ted's recruiting efforts, though while admirable and significant, had that much impact for what happened Saturday. Whole lot of those guys who made big plays yesterday predate CTR's re-appearance on the flats.

I don't know that Ted's recruiting efforts, though while admirable and significant, had that much impact for what happened Saturday. Whole lot of those guys who made big plays yesterday predate CTR's re-appearance on the flats.

You're saying we won with groh's players. I knew it! :lol:

Naw man, I was fine. I just don't ride the rollercoaster of emotions that some folks do, so I can assess things as they really are.

That's a good point, but wouldn't 3 out of 4 be almost as good.

Or put another way, what if GT had lost yesterday. Would you be completely butthurt or would you be saying everything you just said above, except for 3-1 instead of 4-0?

I thought after Miami he had won his extension, since then he as just been adding $$.

I thought after Miami he had won his extension, since then he as just been adding $$.

That's a fair assessment. The VT game was somewhat "fortunate" as well, but Miami was a solid start to finish effort. Wow, sure do wish we had that UNC game to do over.

There are many people without a vested interest in the game who thought the breaks UGA received from the refs were borderline criminal.

You are correct. Even Techsideline was saying we were screwed throughout the game.

Tis true. I should have not included his. recruiting in this year's performance, only his coaching. His recruiting can be huge for us in the future.

What we need to do as part of his package is get him into Augusta National. For a golfer of his talents, it means more than money.

What we need to do as part of his package is get him into Augusta National. For a golfer of his talents, it means more than money.

THIS! I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. Surely a GT alumnus has a green jacket and can vouch for him. He meets all the other criteria (money, male, white, Southern boy, golf aficionado)

Tis true. I should have not included his. recruiting in this year's performance, only his coaching. His recruiting can be huge for us in the future.

Both austins and freeman got significant play time on saturday. I'd bet durham did as well. Do those not count as roof's players?

Back