In-State Recruiting analysis

The US Marines are up front - they don't want everybody - they say as much - don't sign up unless you are ready to man-up. It works for them. They get good recruits. I just don't think we are getting the message out.

As with all football pontifications, including the one I'm about to make, we over-simplify our analysis. I agree with your "lets just recruit kids that want hard academics" approach because... what else can we do? It's not like we can choose to go after the dregs of academia anyway. The problem is that we are competing against some stiff competition for these types, with most of them *not* in Georgia (have you seen the national academic reputation of GA high schools?). This national net we must cast competes directly against Stanford and ND for these types of kids. Those two national programs have DEEP pockets and offer things we just can't compete with. Not all academic types want to be an engineer or go into business, for example. It's really our limited curriculum that is crushing us. Until that part is fixed, we really can't expect big hauls of blue chips. It's about time we all get past the anger/denial phase and move on to acceptance. I won't take my own medicine, of course.

Just drive down to the nearest mall or outlet with a Lidz and pick up a Bama hat. Problem solved

Well, that's cold. Would you have ever been at Tech if you had been a 4-star defensive end coming out of high school?
Heck yeah!

And you know you’re my boy. I do have to give you öööö now and then.

Pre-integration, duh
Tech recruited well in the '50s but by the mid 60s had started petering out on blue chips. Pepper recruited black players in a big way and improved things a bit talent wise but not so much record wise and left the program in pretty bad shape.

Tech recruited well in the '50s but by the mid 60s had started petering out on blue chips. Pepper recruited black players in a big way and improved things a bit talent wise but not so much record wise and left the program in pretty bad shape.
Dodd had an extensive network with the better high school programs in the state and the southeast for a long time. Dynamite Goodloe was a big part of that. Pepper did recruit a lot of talent, and Curry was making in roads before he left.

The fact that you don't comprehend what you are reading is a good indicator that you don't have the first clue about the recruiting challenges that we face. A coaching change isn't going to solve it.
Agreed, Tech does face recruiting challenges, however I do believe that PJ, as coach and the TO limits the type players that want to play for The Institute!

As with all football pontifications, including the one I'm about to make, we over-simplify our analysis. I agree with your "lets just recruit kids that want hard academics" approach because... what else can we do? It's not like we can choose to go after the dregs of academia anyway. The problem is that we are competing against some stiff competition for these types, with most of them *not* in Georgia (have you seen the national academic reputation of GA high schools?). This national net we must cast competes directly against Stanford and ND for these types of kids. Those two national programs have DEEP pockets and offer things we just can't compete with. Not all academic types want to be an engineer or go into business, for example. It's really our limited curriculum that is crushing us. Until that part is fixed, we really can't expect big hauls of blue chips. It's about time we all get past the anger/denial phase and move on to acceptance. I won't take my own medicine, of course.
Well said.

Agreed, Tech does face recruiting challenges, however I do believe that PJ, as coach and the TO limits the type players that want to play for The Institute!

Of course that is true.

But the challenges were there before CPJ and are the reason we now have him.

Do you remember Chan Gailey?

But, don't you understand what is being debated?? We're talking about Tech being more relevant than Duke &Northwestern ! This should never come up for debate.
It's not up for debate. We're only talking about it because retards like you don't understand the landscape of college football. Tech is not on par with Duke and Northwestern, as those links show.

It's not up for debate. We're only talking about it because retards like you don't understand the landscape of college football. Tech is not on par with Duke and Northwestern, as those links show.
Van Hays? Is that you?

Back