Inspire Ted roof.

From the admittedly historically good defensive era just prior to PJ

upload_2017-9-8_22-17-31.png

From the admittedly historically good defensive era just prior to PJ

upload_2017-9-8_22-17-31.png

This confused the hell out of me for a moment.
"How did we have that many sacks in 2007?" I thought. Then I thought, "oh yeah, when we had 3 NFL D-lineman."

I hate Al Groh even more now.

This confused the hell out of me for a moment.
"How did we have that many sacks in 2007?" I thought. Then I thought, "oh yeah, when we had 3 NFL D-lineman."

I hate Al Groh even more now.
That was well before groh

Ted may be an evil genius. One that needs to be sidelined. Teddy will always belong here. He's like JoeHam. He is TECH. I personally remember this cat from the Black Watch. The anchor of a defense you would love to have today. I don't get his wishy washy approach to defense given his tenaciousness when he played. Maybe he's nuts. I feel another CPJ move coming on.

I guess this was more traditional bend but don't break today, especially in the first half. We looked bad but only gave up 7, and the the turnovers destroyed the swagger that JSU had been playing with.

Can't complain about the outcome.

JRjr

Ted may be an evil genius. One that needs to be sidelined. Teddy will always belong here. He's like JoeHam. He is TECH. I personally remember this cat from the Black Watch. The anchor of a defense you would love to have today. I don't get his wishy washy approach to defense given his tenaciousness when he played. Maybe he's nuts. I feel another CPJ move coming on.

Todd Stansbury was a linebacker at Georgia Tech from 1981-84. Ted Roof was a linebacker at Georgia Tech from 1982-85. Pat Swilling, who just sent his two highly recruited sons to play defense at GT, was a DE at Georgia Tech from 1982-85. Please elaborate on this CPJ move you feel coming. Are you feeling CPJ will try to change DC's again? If so, does he change DC's by not taking TR with him to his next school?

There were games prior to Groh with no punts. None. Roof has been as successful as any before him with the exception of the stacked defense Wommack inherited in CPJ's first year.

Should the D play with a more aggressive style? Roof often plays a bend don't break between the 20s. Is that optimal with our O? Is the thinking that the other team will press and mistakes due to the pressure of generally fewer possessions and that our O will put up points? Or, should the D take more risks? Then again, Roof could be coaching the D as CPJ wants it.

Back