Inspire Ted roof.

Was just such a tough game to lose. Hard to fault the O or D as both were equally good and bad. On O we definitely need Taquan in there, also most all the backs/qb were carrying the ball away from their body. Coaches need to fix that for several of them. The D seems a bit better than we are used to but the end looked really bad for them.
There were no excuses for the poor ball security or the lack of pass rush(end if game)and UT marching at will. Overall we looked really close to being good. Our errors sucked and kicked our ass.

I'm afraid CPJ's legacy is going to be as the greatest offensive coach of our generation who, tragically, would never get a defense that let him win a national title.

All his DC moves have been logical, just unlucky. It seemed to make sense to fire Wommack after our defense tanked in 2009. (Questionable whether he was ever that good or he was just gifted amazing talent at Ole Miss.) Groh had all the experience in the world but was over the hill. Roof had a good resume and Tech ties. If Roof didn't exist, I bet we would have gotten someone great.

I'm afraid CPJ's legacy is going to be as the greatest offensive coach of our generation who, tragically, would never get a defense that let him win a national title.

All his DC moves have been logical, just unlucky. It seemed to make sense to fire Wommack after our defense tanked in 2009. (Questionable whether he was ever that good or he was just gifted amazing talent at Ole Miss.) Groh had all the experience in the world but was over the hill. Roof had a good resume and Tech ties. If Roof didn't exist, I bet we would have gotten someone great.
The easiest solution to this would have been to retain Tenuta when he was chosen as the HC but I guess those 2 ego could not coexist!

Five 3 and outs should be enough to win if you have 650 yards.

2 fumbles.
2 missed FGs.
Giving them the ball at the 50yl repeatedly.

Those were the problems.
That said, I don't think Ted Roof is a good fit for this team.

with a prolific offense, I would just think you can afford to be a little more aggressive and take risks. the worst that can happen, aside from end game scenarios, is that they score and your offense gets to go back out onto the field.

We will see how the season plays out. The loss to Tennessee sucks but lets be honest, Offense, Defense and Special Teams played a part in that fail. Any unit could have made a play at the end to ice the game. Roof seems to be picking up steam in recruiting. He is doing better than the last few ass hats, although the complete absence of a pass rush since Derrick Morgan left is disheartening.

We will see how the season plays out. The loss to Tennessee sucks but lets be honest, Offense, Defense and Special Teams played a part in that fail. Any unit could have made a play at the end to ice the game. Roof seems to be picking up steam in recruiting. He is doing better than the last few ass hats, although the complete absence of a pass rush since JERRY ATTOUCHU left is disheartening.
fixed

ppLbAuF.jpg

with a prolific offense, I would just think you can afford to be a little more aggressive and take risks. the worst that can happen, aside from end game scenarios, is that they score and your offense gets to go back out onto the field.

So basically your offense has to score a touchdown every time they get the ball. Shrewd. In the UT game the defense got 7 stops, if a prolific offense had scored a touchdown on every possession we would have won handily with the defense we have.

I'm sure that's not what your saying; but it is a little tiring hearing people call for the DC to be fired after a game against a ranked opponent where the D got 7 stops (forced 6 punts plus 1 turnover on downs) one of which was a punt in the fourth quarter.

Not meant to be a criticism of CTR, but it seems as if after C Kelly was given the job we showed substantial improvement on D

Not meant to be a criticism of CTR, but it seems as if after C Kelly was given the job we showed substantial improvement on D

Too small a sample size. And it might've just been that Groh's signals stopped being stolen. Easy to be DC with FSU talent.

Back