Is 6-16 acceptable?

And it gives Geoff a clean slate, with accountability next year. Anyone who is fair would agree to that.
I definitely don't give Geoff a clean slate. I give him another chance.

But then again, God isn't fair and neither am I, as I tell my children. It's a dirty word in my house. We aim for loving and just.

I’m fine with dropping the first two years from a coach for an impact rating but they shouldn’t get credit for the next two after they leave.

I’m fine with dropping the first two years from a coach for an impact rating but they shouldn’t get credit for the next two after they leave.
So there should be no responsibility by anyone for those transition years...?

You can't just throw away an extra day here and there and say it doesn't matter with a violent game like football. Guys struggle getting out of bed the next morning when played at this level on intensity. Per CGC, we had a couple of guys who couldn't even participate in the limited practice time available because of the load they carried the last few games prior.

Correct. The extra days absolutely matter. Both for health and for game prep.

Johnson was our best OL. Clayton was banged up and injured and played half the year and still was third on the team in sacks.

I’ll be surprised if Allen isn’t a starting safety next year. Sims needs to step up and take that other CB slot.

Ezzard is hard to judge given our pass protection issues.
Like i said, pretty underwhelming given all the fanfare. This is not a knock just an observation. Not sure of the name, Southers, I believe, that transferred in from Vandy for a year was probably our worst lineman last season. Anyway, as of yet, none have made an appreciable impact.

Like i said, pretty underwhelming given all the fanfare. This is not a knock just an observation. Not sure of the name, Southers, I believe, that transferred in from Vandy for a year was probably our worst lineman last season. Anyway, as of yet, none have made an appreciable impact.

Johnson has definitely had an appreciable impact and no way was Southers the worst OL last year:

Johnson has definitely had an appreciable impact and no way was Southers the worst OL last year:
Even if Southers was the worst lineman we played last year, and I am not saying either way, our offensive line would have been even worse if he was not here.

To each his own. Watched Southers last year and other than maybe our walk on center that had to play, would rate Southers as the worst. Either way, think the statement still holds true, our transfers to date have been underwhelming. Was really expecting more from Ezzard and Clayton.

To each his own. Watched Southers last year and other than maybe our walk on center that had to play, would rate Southers as the worst. Either way, think the statement still holds true, our transfers to date have been underwhelming. Was really expecting more from Ezzard and Clayton.
What are your credentials for rating OL?

What are your credentials for rating OL?
Certainly do not have to verify my "credentials" to you. Let's stick to the point being made. To date, the transfers we have gained through the portal have made little impact, especially given all the hoopla every time we receive a commitment from a transfer.

I definitely don't give Geoff a clean slate. I give him another chance.

But then again, God isn't fair and neither am I, as I tell my children. It's a dirty word in my house. We aim for loving and just.
By the definition of Fair, how is God now fair? When he makes the rules and such.

[JUT]
God is the parent that warns his kids not to touch the hot eye on the stove, and then lets them do it.

God lets the wind blow hard on shrubs, knowing shrubs that deal with harsh wind grow stronger.

God promises spiritual comfort, but never physical comfort.
[/JUT]

Last edited:
Georgia Tech football used to be competitive, unique and interesting. Now it looks just like all the other bad college football teams. Collins will never beat Georgia or Clemson or Win a New Years 6 bowl. Collins gives Georgia Tech what so many wanted, more than wins.....conformity.
This is what the mods traded me for this weekend? This idiot?

Certainly do not have to verify my "credentials" to you. Let's stick to the point being made. To date, the transfers we have gained through the portal have made little impact, especially given all the hoopla every time we receive a commitment from a transfer.
That’s fair, it my question was an honest one to try to understand whether you are simply a fan like I am or actually have some experience rating OL.

as long as we have slick clothing lines and swag, does it really matter how the team performs?

as long as we have slick clothing lines and swag, does it really matter how the team performs?
Our season's over so recruiting is the only thing they should be focusing on. Looks like they are. That's the only meaningful way to improve things like bottom-5 graded units.

Back