Is 6-16 acceptable?

Yes, after the first two seasons. It's honestly pretty much exactly what I expected.

Next season I expect .500 at a minimum. And the season after that we should be in contention for the division.
These are good benchmarks. .500 is plenty reasonable because next year we will have a pair of weaker non-conference opponents. So it's basically take care of non-conference business and win one more ACC game than this year. Collins will have had a couple years to roster build.

I think there are reasons to be optimistic:
- The offense has better talent this year and has done better at times.
- Defense is worse but it may be attributable to DL turnover. We are finally getting some DL/LB talent by way of transfers.

Why the hell would we include 3 years worth of classes with a total of three players on the roster to explain 2020? Why would we ignore roster ratings that include transfer when we have them at our disposal. Because they don’t support your narrative?

We are the 6th most talented team in the conference on paper. No amount of years you decide to go back in recruiting rankings changes that. 7th if you toss in ND. And we went 3-6. That’s coaching.

There are other circumstances in play. Scheme change and COVID (who everybody had to deal with). The roster next year is gonna be something like 90% CGC guys. And it’s gonna be #5 in the conference. Excuses are gone next year. If we can’t at least go .500 in conference with that roster relative to our competition then something is wrong on the staff.
Saying we're the 6th most talented team heavily weighted on true freshmen that haven't had a normal offseason just furthers the point about how dumb this thread is, so please do include them. Out of curiosity, how does it look without them?

Saying we're the 6th most talented team heavily weighted on true freshmen that haven't had a normal offseason just furthers the point about how dumb this thread is, so please do include them. Out of curiosity, how does it look without them?

I don’t see a way of calculating it easily without manually going through each teams classes/rosters. We’d be definitely no worse than 9th (solidly ahead of Duke, UVA, Cuse, BC, WF). VPIs 2020 class was terrible so definitely fall behind them. Pitt/UL not sure. So 7th-9th.

Id also add that in this scenario I’m not sure we win a single game (without Sims/Williams/Gibbs playing this season).

On paper using 247 rankings:

We have the fifth most talented Freshman class in the ACC.
We have the sixth most talented Sophomore class in the ACC.
We have the eleventh most talented Junior class in the ACC.
We have the eighth most talented Senior class in the ACC.

The reason we suck right now should be pretty clear from the above numbers. That excuse will largely be gone in 2021. That excuse will totally be gone in 2022.

I would also argue that senior class is worse than what we get credit for. If you were a 4 star recruit and you are not starting / haven't done much do you really have 4 star talent?

We also seem to have a version of Gailey’s problem. Gailey never had the QB that he wanted. It’s debatable whether it was a recruiting or development issue, but it was a problem during his tenure.

Collins has an O-Line problem. It affects every aspect of the offense and makes other players look bad. I’m hoping it gets corrected through recruiting and development, but it’s not like we just go to Walmart and pick out a new O Line. It’s one of the harder positions to recruit (behind big ass DTs) because the big guys are in short supply and high demand.

And a follow up:

We have the fourth most talented QBs in the ACC - 3 of the top 4 are freshman the other was a WR playing QB.
We have the fourth most talented RBs in the ACC - 3 of the top 4 are freshman or sophomores. The fourth is an overrated former linebacker.
We have the tenth most talented WRs in the ACC - 3 of top 4 are freshman (one of which is dead; 247 hasn't removed him) the other is a transfer
We have the ninth most talented OL in the ACC - 5 of the top 7 are freshman and one othe is a transfer

We have the seventh most talented DL in the ACC Top 2 are a transfer and a freshman
We have the ninth most talented LBs in the ACC. Top 3 ratings are true freshmen
We have the sixth most talented DBs in the ACC. Top 4 freshman/sophomore / two transfers

This is such a stupid take. Compare Collins head coaching record to Ross’ prior to coming Tech. Ross had consistent success at Maryland. Multiple Top 25 teams. Ross was not ‘an experiment.’ Collins took over a Temple team and at best kept it the program from dropping off after Rhule left. At this point, Collins has a higher chance of being the next Bill Lewis rather than Bobby Ross. I’m hoping that he just needs another year or two to really settle into being a head coach and gives us good results.
You got it bassackward dude. If a proven coach like Ross can take a few years to turn around GT, there is zero reason to hold a green coach to a higher standard. That's the point. That.

It takes a real dumbass to look at the record alone and have a temper tantrum.

There are specific criticisms that are legit, but which one of those would be unexpected from a rookie player? Collins has a whole team of rookies. So yeah, it looks like a clown show out there at times.

I’m hesitant to put much stock into a measurement that gives us credit for a kid who died.

which games this year have you thought any position group on our team (outside of RB or P) was more talented than our oppositions?
3* seniors are almost always better than 4* freshmen. That we are competitive against veteran teams with a bunch of freshmen and sophomores means we have better raw material. It'll pay off when they aren't 18 anymore.

You got it bassackward dude. If a proven coach like Ross can take a few years to turn around GT, there is zero reason to hold a green coach to a higher standard. That's the point. That.

It takes a real dumbass to look at the record alone and have a temper tantrum.

There are specific criticisms that are legit, but which one of those would be unexpected from a rookie player? Collins has a whole team of rookies. So yeah, it looks like a clown show out there at times.
When did I specify that I was holding Collins to a higher standard. I even stated that Collins needs another year or two to settle into a head coaching gig.

Also, this team and coaching staff is not completely made up of rookies.

When did I specify that I was holding Collins to a higher standard. I even stated that Collins needs another year or two to settle into a head coaching gig.

Also, this team and coaching staff is not completely made up of rookies.
Oh, well it's a good thing they only give penalties to some players...:bfd:

Yeah, the team isn't all rookies. But a team with a crapload of rookies is going to make a ööööton more mistakes than normal teams that only have a few of them.

Why the hell would we include 3 years worth of classes with a total of three players on the roster to explain 2020? Why would we ignore roster ratings that include transfer when we have them at our disposal. Because they don’t support your narrative?

We are the 6th most talented team in the conference on paper. No amount of years you decide to go back in recruiting rankings changes that. 7th if you toss in ND. And we went 3-6. That’s coaching.

There are other circumstances in play. Scheme change and COVID (who everybody had to deal with). The roster next year is gonna be something like 90% CGC guys. And it’s gonna be #5 in the conference. Excuses are gone next year. If we can’t at least go .500 in conference with that roster relative to our competition then something is wrong on the staff.
There are other circumstances in play? Yeah maybe the scheme change has a pretty big factor in this all. I'm glad you fit it in with the footnotes. Unbelievable this is a minor point in so many peoples eyes. Hopefully it's a vocal minority thing because I know our fans are smarter than this.

There are other circumstances in play? Yeah maybe the scheme change has a pretty big factor in this all. I'm glad you fit it in with the footnotes. Unbelievable this is a minor point in so many peoples eyes. Hopefully it's a vocal minority thing because I know our fans are smarter than this.
I can't, or rather won't, speak to the intelligence of our fans, but what you're referring to is definitely a vocal minority. They're seething that they have to be patient and they're sure they know what the problem is. They want to believe the current situation with the program is as simple as they are. But it isn't , and fortunately the future isn't as dim as they are either. Attempting to reason with them is useless, the only language they know is instant gratification, in the ancient dialect of vitriol. They're morons, and best left to their red-faced wallowing.

Next season I expect .500 at a minimum. And the season after that we should be in contention for the division.
A154A17A-70A9-4D62-8BF0-C0B4AEF25417.gif

We also seem to have a version of Gailey’s problem. Gailey never had the QB that he wanted. It’s debatable whether it was a recruiting or development issue, but it was a problem during his tenure.

Collins has an O-Line problem. It affects every aspect of the offense and makes other players look bad. I’m hoping it gets corrected through recruiting and development, but it’s not like we just go to Walmart and pick out a new O Line. It’s one of the harder positions to recruit (behind big ass DTs) because the big guys are in short supply and high demand.
We’ve had an O-Line problem since I started watching Tech football. You have one of the best O-Line coaches in the country, and at a discount. Figure the öööö out.

Honestly our offense played well enough to win us 5 or 6 games. Take a peek at our defensive stats and penalties before you start throwing around the condescension.

Georgia Tech football used to be competitive, unique and interesting. Now it looks just like all the other bad college football teams. Collins will never beat Georgia or Clemson or Win a New Years 6 bowl. Collins gives Georgia Tech what so many wanted, more than wins.....conformity.

Back