Is It Confirmed That TStan Would Not Commit To The Ticket Sales The Belk...

The difference in bowl payouts between the Belk and the QuickLane would more than cover the full cost of the 20,00o tickets. If we actually passed on the Belk bowl because of the ticket guarantee, we should fire the AD.

The bowl money gets split up and distributed evenly, if I remember correctly.

The conference should set specific ticket purchase commitments up front as part of the negotiations with the bowls.

I am willing to say that the Belk Bowl messed up if....

They were able to grab Auburn..... & then passed them up for South Carolina...

With South Carolina in Belk And Auburn in Music... It allows for UVA and Purdue to go and only bring 10-15K fans...

Would GT & Auburn be a sellout yes.... But we are assuming Belk passed over Auburn....

I am willing to say that the Belk Bowl messed up if....

They were able to grab Auburn..... & then passed them up for South Carolina...

With South Carolina in Belk And Auburn in Music... It allows for UVA and Purdue to go and only bring 10-15K fans...

Would GT & Auburn be a sellout yes.... But we are assuming Belk passed over Auburn....
They did. This is a fact.

Sounds to me like Belk and UVa put this deal together several weeks ago.

I doubt anything we could have done over the weekend would have put us in that bowl. The blame for that falls squarely on Swofford.
Belk/Leggett/ Proffit's has some history in the state of Virginia. Would not surprise me if the family was big donors to UVA. We got played, and we lost.

have we paid off hewett's contract yet? asking for a friend

Yes. Ignoring the difference in travel allotment.
I still feel the same way about our AD. Our payout should easily cover any ticket buyout. It would have been an excellent investment in our players, fans and potential recruits.
The caveat is that the Belk like the Music City is biased toward certain teams. The head of the Music City selection committee is a UVA grad. We will never go to the Music City if UVA is a possibility. The whole process is messed up and we have a weak AD. Obviously VT's AD is much better based on the 12th game fiasco!

I still feel the same way about our AD. Our payout should easily cover any ticket buyout. It would have been an excellent investment in our players, fans and potential recruits.
The caveat is that the Belk like the Music City is biased toward certain teams. The head of the Music City selection committee is a UVA grad. We will never go to the Music City if UVA is a possibility. The whole process is messed up and we have a weak AD. Obviously VT's AD is much better based on the 12th game fiasco!
VPI is the Georgia of Virginia, and their piece of öööö Walmart fans travel well.

Stanbury helped to (rightfully) keep UGA out of the playoffs. I'll give him a pass on which Toilet Bowl game we're heading to this season.

VPI is the Georgia of Virginia, and their piece of öööö Walmart fans travel well.

Stanbury helped to (rightfully) keep UGA out of the playoffs. I'll give him a pass on which Toilet Bowl game we're heading to this season.
My reference to VT was in reference to scheduling a 12th game to get to 6 and 6.

This theory doesn't ring true to me. Belk passed us over because they always do and always will. I am mad at TStan for not getting us literally anywhere but Detroit, but there probably wasn't anything he could do to get us in the Belk.

How do you know? he very well could've been on the side of the argument to put them at 4, but changed his vote when majority went the other way.
And if it UGA had ended up in CFP, I'd be blaming him even if he was the lone voice of dissent in the room. Results matter.

Back