Is It Confirmed That TStan Would Not Commit To The Ticket Sales The Belk...

VT has a reputation for packing their stadium and having a fanbase that shows up and makes noise, unlike us. We may be able to bring just as many to a midtier bowl as them, but I still think the differing reputations affect bowl selections.

If we want to change the perception of our fanbase in bowls' eyes, we need to start at home.
Their reputation lately is losing to us

VT becoming bowl eligible likely pushed us to Detroit instead of Military. It wouldn't surprise me if we end up loosing money due to the difficulty in selling ticket to a game in Detroit the day after Christmas. The military bowl would have been a much easier sell given it's a weekend game at CPJ's old stomping ground. ACC gets more money but we'll end up with less.

Given all the grief about the Belk, the Military Bowl's decision makes way less sense to me.

The more I think about the Detroit bowl, the more accepting I am of it. Honestly, for the fans, you will be seated in comfort. The weather will likely be ööööty for Charlotte, so screw Charlotte. For the team, it doesn't take that much longer to get to Detroit than it does to get to Charlotte or anywhere else on a charter. Minnesota is a Big10 team we have never met and it appears to be a good matchup. Who cares if it isn't considered a tier 1 bowl? The only bowls I consider to be above it that we could possibly make yearly, provided we aren't in the CFP, are the Orange Bowl and the Chick Fil A Peach Bowl.

So, we are in a dome playing in climate controlled conditions. Who in the hell cares beyond that? The players aren't gonna know the damn difference when they start playing from one indoor stadium to the next.

Back