Is It Confirmed That TStan Would Not Commit To The Ticket Sales The Belk...

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ion-with-largest-attendance-drop-in-34-years/

From the link above...
~in 2017 college football saw its largest drop in attendance in 34 years, to an average of 42,203.
~from peak attendance in 2008, an average of 46,971, attendance was down 10 percent over the nine year span.
~the SEC experienced the largest drop, it's sharpest decline in 25 years,followed by the ACC.
~in 2017 bowl game attendance was 40,506 for 40 games, a 23 percent drop from 2010.

The article points the blame finger at technology, which is not surprising.

Anyway, with so many bowl games, 39 this year, let's be honest, most of them crap, it's no wonder attendance is dramatically down.

From a bowl perspective, there are just too many bowls.

From a TStan perspective, after reading this article, and others like it, I have to say I do not blame him for not committing to the Belk minimal allotment for sales.
FBS has also added some garbage teams like GA State which kills attendance statistics. It would be interesting to look at the attendance over the past 10 years of teams that have been FBS from the beginning. No doubt attendance has declined but likely not as much as these reports make it out to be.

Last edited:
GT has what, around 25K-30K season ticket holders, and an allotment of what, 5K tickets for students, walk-ups have to be low, no idea what that figure would look like.

So if the Belk guarantee is 20K, you're banking on what, 3/4 of your season ticket base, and a probable small percentage of students who actually show up for games to, first of all want to go to Charlotte, have the time to make plans for Charlotte, be willing to purchase tickets, hotel, meals, etc.

If we were playing in Charlotte I would be there, I would have traveled to probably any bowl with exception to El Paso and Detroit.

Hell I would’ve gone to El Paso just to make sure the wall was holding.

This theory doesn't ring true to me. Belk passed us over because they always do and always will. I am mad at TStan for not getting us literally anywhere but Detroit, but there probably wasn't anything he could do to get us in the Belk.

If Belk didn't take us this year, they will literally never ever ever take us.

Bowl tickets are a big scam regardless. If TSTAN didn’t want to play that game, good for him.

Who here is going to buy a $100 ticket from the school when the market has set the price at about $3.50.

Me. Always support the school.

Me. Always support the school.

Yes, I believe in paying up for tickets in order to support the program. My concern sometimes is buying crappy seats from the AA when I could sit in a great seat for the same money using StubHub. It looks like the seats from the AA for this bowl will be the good sideline variety.

Yes, I believe in paying up for tickets in order to support the program. My concern sometimes is buying crappy seats from the AA when I could sit in a great seat for the same money using StubHub. It looks like the seats from the AA for this bowl will be the good sideline variety.
My guess is that you will be able to sit most anywhere you want for this game.

Bowl Game Total Payout

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bowl-schedule/2018/

ACC Tie-ins:

CFP- $6M
NY6- $4M

1. Camping World- $5.8M
2. Music City*- $5.7M
3. Belk- $4.5
4. Pinstripe- $4.3M
5. Sun- $3.5M
6. Gator*- $3.2M
7. Military- $2.1M
8. Birmingham- $1.7M
9. Independence- $1.2M
10. Gasparilla- $1.1M
11. Quick Lane- $750K

So VT becoming bowl eligible cost everybody money. Thanks douchebags.

I'd really like to hear the explanation of how VPI was able to schedule a sixth winnable make up game while we weren't capable of doing so last year.

Bowl Game Total Payout

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bowl-schedule/2018/

ACC Tie-ins:

CFP- $6M
NY6- $4M

1. Camping World- $5.8M
2. Music City*- $5.7M
3. Belk- $4.5
4. Pinstripe- $4.3M
5. Sun- $3.5M
6. Gator*- $3.2M
7. Military- $2.1M
8. Birmingham- $1.7M
9. Independence- $1.2M
10. Gasparilla- $1.1M
11. Quick Lane- $750K
Do the 2 teams split this payout or is this the amount each team "receives"?

VT becoming bowl eligible likely pushed us to Detroit instead of Military. It wouldn't surprise me if we end up loosing money due to the difficulty in selling ticket to a game in Detroit the day after Christmas. The military bowl would have been a much easier sell given it's a weekend game at CPJ's old stomping ground. ACC gets more money but we'll end up with less.

I'd really like to hear the explanation of how VPI was able to schedule a sixth winnable make up game while we weren't capable of doing so last year.

CPJ assured TStan we wouldn't need the extra game and to spend his energy on the 2020 initiative.

VT scheduled the thirsty in state school. I’m sure State would have been down for a good asswhooping but the Tech admin is too snooty to schedule them.

VT becoming bowl eligible likely pushed us to Detroit instead of Military. It wouldn't surprise me if we end up loosing money due to the difficulty in selling ticket to a game in Detroit the day after Christmas. The military bowl would have been a much easier sell given it's a weekend game at CPJ's old stomping ground. ACC gets more money but we'll end up with less.

VTs stadium was barren for the Marshall game. They’ll send more to the Military Bowl than we do to Detroit due to timing and location, but I bet we would have sent more to the Military.

I know my group of ~8 is not going to Detroit but would’ve been all over Annapolis.

VTs stadium was barren for the Marshall game. They’ll send more to the Military Bowl than we do to Detroit due to timing and location, but I bet we would have sent more to the Military.

I know my group of ~8 is not going to Detroit but would’ve been all over Annapolis.

Pretty sure they had like 30k people.

VT has a reputation for packing their stadium and having a fanbase that shows up and makes noise, unlike us. We may be able to bring just as many to a midtier bowl as them, but I still think the differing reputations affect bowl selections.

If we want to change the perception of our fanbase in bowls' eyes, we need to start at home.

Back