Is there a game today? OFFICIAL GT vs Juice GAMEDAY Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few minutes ago if I had told you we’d be down 7 at half you would have told me I am dreaming. I sure thought we would have a big day rushing the ball … it ain’t happening.

Safteys need to play better so that our LB aren't getting blown by by Syracuse WR's. Put a lick on them boys dang it.

I 'member reading here after F$U that one of the factories was gonna steal Santucci from us after this season. A few more halves like that, and they can have him. That was atrocious.

Yeah none of it seems as bleak as this thread to me. We're against a seriously good quarterback and he's playing well. I haven't seen us wildly out of position, we're tackling okay when we get to the ball. We're not getting enough pressure, so McCord has time for a guy to get open and he puts it on the button every time. Most of their passes don't look like our guys just getting toasted, but people keep blaming it all on the secondary.
We finally started bringing some pressure from the outside. Has worked, just not sure why it took so long to decide to do it.

Yeah none of it seems as bleak as this thread to me. We're against a seriously good quarterback and he's playing well. I haven't seen us wildly out of position, we're tackling okay when we get to the ball. We're not getting enough pressure, so McCord has time for a guy to get open and he puts it on the button every time. Most of their passes don't look like our guys just getting toasted, but people keep blaming it all on the secondary.
I might say it feels otherwise, that the situation is feeling hopeful than it really is. Hard to not think it's bleak when your offense is inconsistent and the other side has as many yards at the half as we did in the entire FSU game. Even if we tie it up, hard to feel like we won't be still playing catch up all game hoping to tie it again.

Too much indecision imo. After the blocked punt, it was as though the offensive coaches didn't know what they wanted to do. Kill clock trying to get to halftime, or make a half assed attempt to make something out of nothing. We looked completely inept and baffled. H King wanted to go, but he had no supporters on the sidelines.
Yeah. I mean Syracuse has pretty much done what they wanted on offense. Ga tech still was in very favorable position to get points before half then establish momentum after the half starting with the ball.

I got a feeling mismanaging that drive might bite them in the butt.

Our OL needs to take their thumb out of their asses and start run blocking. As good as our QB can be we are a RUNNING football team and have not been able to do so thus far. This one is on the OL and defense to this point. …..

It will be interesting to see how we come out after the half

We finally started bringing some pressure from the outside. Has worked, just not sure why it took so long to decide to do it.
I didn't really see that, we got that last stop still just rushing 3 and making plays on the ball once thrown.

I don't know what changed on the last Cuse drive because Freeney's big head was on my screen the entire time.

Whatever it was, we need to harness it somehow.

McCord may be the best QB we play this year - tied with Stetson Butthead. As others have said, we could be down by more with the number of mistakes we’ve made.

Why oh why are we putting Efford in situations where he’s in pass coverage? Have to make some adjustments at halftime to stop that.

Oh, and the amount of uncalled holding by Cuse is maddening, but I’ve come to expect holding to be uncalled…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back