Is there a game today? OFFICIAL GT vs Juice GAMEDAY Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah none of it seems as bleak as this thread to me. We're against a seriously good quarterback and he's playing well. I haven't seen us wildly out of position, we're tackling okay when we get to the ball. We're not getting enough pressure, so McCord has time for a guy to get open and he puts it on the button every time. Most of their passes don't look like our guys just getting toasted, but people keep blaming it all on the secondary.

I mostly agree. The 'cuse passing game has been great -- some really good routes and some perfect throws. We haven't played well but they've also taken advantage of every opportunity without making any mistakes.

I think a lot of the doom and gloom is simply because it's 'cuse and they're traditionally a cupcake. But McCord looks like the real deal.

McCord may be the best QB we play this year - tied with Stetson Butthead. As others have said, we could be down by more with the number of mistakes we’ve made.

Why oh why are we putting Efford in situations where he’s in pass coverage? Have to make some adjustments at halftime to stop that.

Oh, and the amount of uncalled holding by Cuse is maddening, but I’ve come to expect holding to be uncalled…
GT might be the worst defense he faced too

I might say it feels otherwise, that the situation is feeling hopeful than it really is. Hard to not think it's bleak when your offense is inconsistent and the other side has as many yards at the half as we did in the entire FSU game. Even if we tie it up, hard to feel like we won't be still playing catch up all game hoping to tie it again.
Most of you sound like you're suffering from post traumatic circus disorder. You're waiting on every play to go tits up and when it doesn't go great, you see it as the disaster you knew was coming. It's not that bad. We got ourselves in a fix and have fought ourselves back to within a ~play of tying it up. We've got the measure of them now, we'll see if we can respond to adversity the way we've done it en route to 2-0.

60 min game. Cuse D is selling out to stop the counter. Singleton and Malik are significantly faster than their DB's. Will be interesting to see what Buster does to take advantage of that.

Most of you sound like you're suffering from post traumatic circus disorder. You're waiting on every play to go tits up and when it doesn't go great, you see it as the disaster you knew was coming. It's not that bad. We got ourselves in a fix and have fought ourselves back to within a ~play of tying it up. We've got the measure of them now, we'll see if we can respond to adversity the way we've done it en route to 2-0.
I can still hear the clown horn and see the high water pants

GT might be the worst defense he faced too
Nah, the throws he’s making in tight windows and with the perfect amount of touch is not normal at the college level. Honestly, I haven’t seen a QB (other than maybe Stetson) play as well as this kid this year. He’s legit.

No matter what happens here, I want you to know you're all retarded.
1725731254820.gif

I mostly agree. The 'cuse passing game has been great -- some really good routes and some perfect throws. We haven't played well but they've also taken advantage of every opportunity without making any mistakes.

I think a lot of the doom and gloom is simply because it's 'cuse and they're traditionally a cupcake. But McCord looks like the real deal.
I think the doom and gloom is because there's not much feeling of hope for the defense even going forward. Probably a too soon call, but a decade and a half of bad to horrific defense doesn't make for much forbearance. Maybe we face QBs that make more mistakes, but unless Syracuse also has an amazing OL we're going to still struggle to do much to contain any team with a pulse on offense.

Every top 25 team outside of Texas is losing right now. Weird Saturday
Texas' players look like giants compared to Wolverine players. I have enjoyed the hell out of watching UMich getting their tails whupped. I just wish Harbaugh was still there to experience it. But Fox is pissing me off with awright, awright, awright on the halftime broadcast for a game in Ann Arbor! WTF?

Normally I’d agree but whatever zone or 2 high scheme we’re using is leaving guys wide wide open all over the field to the point where no 3rd down distance for them seems difficult. 2nd half adjustments can fix that. Maybe time to go with the old send the house leaky Roof defense

Maybe something like that, but it goes beyond the circus I think you're referring to. It goes back way longer to find a season where we didn't quickly believe we were super vulnerable on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back