Is This Year a Rebuilding Year?

such insight...

Try and explain why we will be as good as we were last year. We lost every skill position player that contributed.

Our biggest returning contributor at AB is Snoddy and he has 65 carries in 3 years... and he doesn't block well. We have nothing proven at WR. We have no one that has proven they can perimeter block. If we were replacing these guys with r-sophomores and juniors I'd feel better, but we are counting on r-freshman and true freshman to come in and contribute at AB and BB. How many BB have contributed as freshman? How many AB have? What about WR?

I think we can still be good and will improve as the season goes on, but I don't expect this offense to hum like last year. Given the schedule, 8 or 9 wins looks reasonable to me. Anything else would be overachieving IMO.

I still wouldn't call it a rebuilding year.

i guess #5 didn't have much to do with it...

Not disagreeing at all about #5 being a catalyst for a lot of offensive firepower. However, considering the Shaq Mason loss, we don't win the uga(g) game (for example) without him. Think about how many times we ran the dive right over him the entire game. I think we will be a very good and dangerous team, now whether that translates with our schedule...can't wait to find out!

Try and explain why we will be as good as we were last year. We lost every skill position player that contributed.

Our biggest returning contributor at AB is Snoddy and he has 65 carries in 3 years... and he doesn't block well. We have nothing proven at WR. We have no one that has proven they can perimeter block. If we were replacing these guys with r-sophomores and juniors I'd feel better, but we are counting on r-freshman and true freshman to come in and contribute at AB and BB. How many BB have contributed as freshman? How many AB have? What about WR?

I think we can still be good and will improve as the season goes on, but I don't expect this offense to hum like last year. Given the schedule, 8 or 9 wins looks reasonable to me. Anything else would be overachieving IMO.

I still wouldn't call it a rebuilding year.
i didnt say we will be as good as last year. but we are not rebuilding.

Not disagreeing at all about #5 being a catalyst for a lot of offensive firepower. However, considering the Shaq Mason loss, we don't win the uga(g) game (for example) without him. Think about how many times we ran the dive right over him the entire game. I think we will be a very good and dangerous team, now whether that translates with our schedule...can't wait to find out!

impossible to say that we dont win the uga game without shaq.

i didnt say we will be as good as last year. but we are not rebuilding.

I think it's fair to say we're re-building our offense. We lost our best O-lineman, both starting WR's, both starting B-Backs and 5 A-backs either from graduation or dismissal.

Our biggest returning contributor at AB is Snoddy and he has 65 carries in 3 years... and he doesn't block well. We have nothing proven at WR.

Not totally disagreeing with you, but I would like to point out that our top AB from last fall (Perkins, at least by yardage) only had 48 carries the previous 3 years.

I feel like with our tendency to bring in 3 stars, have a team that mostly blossom their junior and senior years, instead of having a star that comes in and makes an impact as a freshman. Sure, there are outliers like Freeman and Davis on defense, but mostly guys kind of wait their turn.

It is strange that for a two year period, the only RB we recruited couldn't make the grades, and now we have to rely on freshmen.

Hey, I certainly won't mind being wrong. But like corndiggity just said, we have a lot of question marks at every offensive skill position but QB. And Shaq's contributions to the run game are more than one might think. But as you point out, we have a lot of talent returning, and like I said if the defense improves, we don't have to be as efficient on offense to win games.

I'm not saying we don't have question marks and could take a step back, but this is not a rebuilding year. Every team, every year goes through what we're dealing with. And we have fewer question marks than the majority of the country.

Last edited:
I like how Paul Johnson just being Paul Johnson in interviews has all you retart chicken littles freaking out.

200.gif

Offense will be........ BETTER in 2015. I hate to break it to you and I am a HUGE fan of Laskey and Days but those guys weren't the cream of the crop. They thrived in a system designed to get the most out of what is available and they excelled behind a O-Line that will be better with added depth minus Shaq in 15. A back yes we lost some here but take a öööö breath and let them get some freaking reps. By ND they will be blocking better and doing just fine on the pitch / toss. As for the WR core lets see how that pans out. Something tells me CPJ is sandbagging. He LOVES the underdog card and the "It pissed us off when they picked us 5th in the division". SO..... Calm down and see how this plays out. I am guessing 9-3 with a shot at 10-2 or 11 -1 if our D is truly as improved as I think it will be.

GT paranoia is in full effect!!! Guys are really hedging their bets.

You guys were crying about the Aback and BBack position last season talking about how we have not recruited well and the guys that were on the roster(Perkins bust from all his injuries, BJ too thin not a good blocker, Synjyn too big and slow, can't find a position, will Hill recover his Crohn's, Zenon a waste of scholarship)were bust including new fan favorite Snoddy(track guy, not a football player). Now we have talent and size at the position we still want to complain. This is really is a slap in the face to Smoov because his play elevated all those players games. Yes Shaq was great for us, but to say we wouldn't have won the UGA game without him is just disrespectful. Even with a good RG, isn't 30+ppg and 330 rushing yds/gm the status quo for this offense?

Like last season, put me down for 10-2 even tho I want to lean 11-1.

smh can we start the season already

Last edited:

You guys were crying about the Aback and BBack position last season talking about how we have not recruited well and the guys that were on the roster(Perkins bust from all his injuries, BJ too thin not a good blocker, Synjyn too big and slow, can't find a position, will Hill recover his Crohn's, Zenon a waste of scholarship)were bust including new fan favorite Snoddy(track guy, not a football player). Now we have talent and size at the position we still want to complain. This is really is a slap in the face to Smoov because his play elevated all those players games. Yes Shaq was great for us, but to say we wouldn't have won the UGA game without him is just disrespectful. Even with a good RG, isn't 30+ppg and 330 rushing yds/gm the status quo for this offense?

smh can start the season already

tHgMHKO.jpg

Just what the thread needed.

Last year, it was hard to explain the porosity of our defense considering that many of the players seemed to be athletic playmakers. The sum of the parts never seemed to match the competitiveness of the individuals on the field. That was probably partly due to lack of depth, and partly due to inadequacies of the DL. I believe we were just a few players away from being solid on defense, and this year we have a more complete unit. Any rebuilding on offense will more than be offset by the improvements on defense. CPJ never fails to deliver an offensive threat.

smh can we start the season already

giphy.gif

Sounds like there is some serious grassroots effort to inflate the value of butthurt.

Back