Is This Year a Rebuilding Year?

Honestly I'm not worried about BB or AB. We have more talent at those two positions since Dwyer/Allen were back there. Yes they are young and it might be 2-3 weeks into the season before they figure out the blocking techniques, but Marcus Marshall, MLD, Snoddy, Searcy are all very talented. Plus the transfer from Stanford.

Next year the defense will be depleted, particularly on the DL..this is the year.

I agree here no doubt. Next year could be rough on defense. Gotta string it together this year. This is not a rebuilding year by any stretch.

if PJ gets classes like he got last year, we are done rebuilding.

Yes this is the year we rebuild the fortress of dominance in the state of Georgia that we lost in 2001

Next year the defense will be depleted, particularly on the DL..this is the year.

???

You lose Gotsis and JHD but return Gamble, Kallon, Freeman, Simmons, Whitehead, Merriweather, Henderson, Glanton, and Sellers

We'll lose most of our secondary.

we will still have both Austins, Lynn Griffin, Corey Griffin, Shaun Kagawa, Jalen Johnson, Step Durham, plus incoming freshmen Dotson, Gray, and Wigley.

I don't think we'll be that bad.

This will be another of those years where we score touchdowns and while we are all cheering, CPJ is lighting up an A-back for missing a blocking assignment; but it's not a rebuilding year.

There is s thought on another board that suggests this is more of a rebuilding year and that next year is the year expectations should be high. Loss of Shaq, Abacks and WR are cited as reasons to point to a rebuilding year along with the tough schedule.

Anybody buying that? I'm not.

Return so much on D, best QB in PJs tenure and a veteran Oline with the exception of one spot.

The ABacks and WR are a concern because they apparently can't block which is definitely a huge concern. But still. Rebuilding year implies 7 or so wins to me and that not nearly good enough. Still a lot of talent and experience on this team.

9 wins or more I say otherwise I'm labeling this season as underachieving in what should be a pretty down ACC outside of Clemson.
August is a fun time, every year. Make the comparison of how 2014 played out relative to the predictions/ expectations of 2014. My own perspective was we would have a 2010 type season and Paul Johnson would ( and should) be terminated. The results were somewhat different. August 2015 brings with it a lot of optimism and high expectations, with nine wins being the minimum acceptable. Just saying the 2015 results can be as divergent from this years expectations as 2014 results were from the predictions of August 2014. It's football.

Honestly I'm not worried about BB or AB. We have more talent at those two positions since Dwyer/Allen were back there. Yes they are young and it might be 2-3 weeks into the season before they figure out the blocking techniques, but Marcus Marshall, MLD, Snoddy, Searcy are all very talented. Plus the transfer from Stanford.

I agree this group is probably more physically gifted, but are you really predicting they will learn in 2-3 weeks what it has taken previous players 2-3 years to learn?

I agree this group is probably more physically gifted, but are you really predicting they will learn in 2-3 weeks what it has taken previous players 2-3 years to learn?

Why not? One of CPJ's best seasons was his first here at Tech. Those players picked it up in 2-3 weeks.

Why not? One of CPJ's best seasons was his first here at Tech. Those players picked it up in 2-3 weeks.

Did they? The offense wasn't initially great the first half of that season. The defense carried us through the first half of that season holding opponents to: 14, 16, 20, 7, 0, 7.

Plus that team had a full spring practice. Even switching to a new system, we didn't see many freshmen play. The older, more experienced players played.

August is a fun time, every year. Make the comparison of how 2014 played out relative to the predictions/ expectations of 2014. My own perspective was we would have a 2010 type season and Paul Johnson would ( and should) be terminated. The results were somewhat different. August 2015 brings with it a lot of optimism and high expectations, with nine wins being the minimum acceptable. Just saying the 2015 results can be as divergent from this years expectations as 2014 results were from the predictions of August 2014. It's football.

"somewhat" different :lol:

I'm not worried about ABs and BBs- they'll learn the positions they need to learn and we'll be fine there.

But what about WR? That's what I'm most concerned about. Will we have big play pass potential? Because honestly, as good as we were at the line and on the perimeter last year, it wouldn't have mattered had we not had Smelter and Waller to air it out to.

Back