It’s War 2.0

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
G5 additions to P5 conference not a sure bet to get P5 money from CFP committee. Starting now by the way so Houston, BYU, Cincy, UCF you’re all cool.

G5 additions to P5 conference not a sure bet to get P5 money from CFP committee. Starting now by the way so Houston, BYU, Cincy, UCF you’re all cool.

Don't forget TCU, which is basically the same school in the same market that was a G5 addition and commands P5 money

I wonder if this is about not giving elevated G5 schools more money or trying to dissuade the...unique...path SMU is taking to join the ACC.
It’s trying to keep the pot of money the same size for their new members. It’s about consolidating power and money among a select few. The real story is what the author hints at later which is that the Power 2 may demand a bigger share. This is the opening salvo from them. Deny new additions any money whatsoever to force all the schools that have G5 members to all take less than what those REAL conferences take home.

I think it's more about the SEC, Big 10, ESPN, and Fox trying to screw the ACC and Big12.
They’ve already determined we are not a P conference. They did that when FSU was not in the playoff so that we could watch Jalen Millroe run into walls.

Wait… I was told the committee doesn’t distinguish between power 5 and non power 5

Wait… I was told the committee doesn’t distinguish between power 5 and non power 5
1704640077385.gif

SMU was in what would now be called a P5 conference but got the death penalty for paying NIL to SAs. They only dropped back to G5 due to this.

Now that NIL is sanctioned, SMU must still pay the price for being ahead of the curve. Otherwise NCAA could be considered to be condoning SMU's past transgressions.

This seems to add some strength to FSU’s argument that the GOR should be invalid.
All FSU is accomplishing is shortening the timeline for the end of college football. They think they will have a seat at the table when, ultimately, the powers that be in the BIG10 and SEC can pretty much pick and choose who they want to survive. If those two leagues decide to branch off and shun FSU, but pick GT, GT will get a seat at the table and FSU will wilt. The same will go for ANY school. Hell, once the two big leagues decide to get harsh with some schools, you may see several left to wilt. I still think the best bet is to jettison schools like Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Rutgers...from those leagues.

IMO, UNC is more likely to survive than FSU because, for some odd reason, those SEC folks seem to love UNC

Back