It's Orange Bowl or nothing

Tech deserves to go as much as any other 6-6 team. It would actually probably be better if a team needed a decent record to go, but that's not the case. Teams that are plainly far worse than us are going already.

As far as the waiver, everything points to how the NCAA got rid of the waiver after UCLA. The current rules do talk about waivers for schools playing non-qualifying FCS teams and for conference champions with losing records, but not for 6-7 teams.

Swofford is on the phone right now negotiating. If we can't fill the Music City Bowl because of the championship game, it costs the conference money. Without us there are only 5 eligible teams. Otherwise, we should be declining the championship game.

So gt, vt, and duke need to decline the title game. Then have the refs fix the game so uva wins. That would maximize acc revenue. We're only getting 1 bcs team anyway.

So gt, vt, and duke need to decline the title game. Then have the refs fix the game so uva wins. That would maximize acc revenue. We're only getting 1 bcs team anyway.

Lets just concede the coastal sucks and let Clemson play FSU again.

I refuse to conceed the coastal sucks. The coastal suckatude speaks for itself.

I don't give a ---- though. I want the conference championship. It's there. We just have to take it.

Here's an update, per @Warchant_DC:

GT head coach Paul Johnson says his AD told him they will play in a bowl game, win or lose in ACC Title game. GT enters 6-6. #FSU

Good.

Questionable. His AD is at Clemson.

I assume he is talking about Paul Griffin. Still want to hear it from a familiar reputable media guy like Ken or Kelly, or from someone in the AA like Hogan of Buchan. But it's sounding good.

I assume he is talking about Paul Griffin. Still want to hear it from a familiar reputable media guy like Ken or Kelly, or from someone in the AA like Hogan of Buchan. But it's sounding good.

Topic came up at a ACCCG teleconference. Kelly is reporting the same thing on twitter.

Russell (Citrus Bowl) tweeting that their selection is based on conference record.
RussellAthleticBowl‏@RussellAthBowl
If FSU wins the ACC, our choices are Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech and NC State. ACC order based on conference record, which eliminates Duke

Georgia Tech would have the best conference record at 5-3. NC State and Virginia Tech are 4-4. Duke at 3-5 isn't within a conf win of GT.
To clarify: we're prepared for GT to be available at 6-7. If they AREN'T, 4-4 becomes best conf record and Duke still in the mix at 3-5.

I think every 6-6 and better team in the conference has to be picked before 6-7 teams can go to tie-ins. If the conference has 6-6 or better teams for all of its bowl tie-ins, then non-tie-in bowls have to choose all eligible 6-6 teams nationally before choosing a 6-7 team.

That's how I understand it at least. I think the rule was really made for those teams playing 13 games since they play at Hawaii. Dumb to punish us for making the championship game.

So that means we have to do the unthinkable - earn it on the field. That isn't fair:frown:

If someone would have offered us an all or nothing acc championship game before the season started, I imagine 100% of the jimmies here would have rustled. I am glad to be in the position to put up or shut up in a game that matters, not some sh1tty out of conference game that you want to win just so your co-workers won't bully you for one day..

and fsu is the team I would want to play for all or nothing.

finally, an ACC opponent with a big-time program.

A game against the number 3 team in the nation on national TV is a ööööty out of conference game? You have high standards.

A game against the number 3 team in the nation on national TV is a ööööty out of conference game? You have high standards.

meaningless. governors trophy is useful only to take a dump in on a road trip.

acc hardware worth more.

Back