It's Orange Bowl or nothing

buzzybee

Varsity Lurker
now.....70 teams are now bowl eligible. If GT loses to FSU there will be no bowl for us.

I think it still depends on what happens when it comes to bowl tie ins. Does an ACC-tied bowl need to reach outside the ACC for a 6-6 team before they can take us at 6-7?

And what about the stipulation that the ACCCG game loser can't fall further than the 4th ACC bowl? Is that void bc of record?

FWIW, I asked for clarification on Twitter & Wes Durham said this:

@steven_little @jppalmCBS - I’ll Jerry clarify it, but as I understand, If there are enough 6-6 teams, there is no waiver for 6-7 teams

I think every 6-6 and better team in the conference has to be picked before 6-7 teams can go to tie-ins. If the conference has 6-6 or better teams for all of its bowl tie-ins, then non-tie-in bowls have to choose all eligible 6-6 teams nationally before choosing a 6-7 team.

That's how I understand it at least. I think the rule was really made for those teams playing 13 games since they play at Hawaii. Dumb to punish us for making the championship game.

I think every 6-6 and better team in the conference has to be picked before 6-7 teams can go to tie-ins. If the conference has 6-6 or better teams for all of its bowl tie-ins, then non-tie-in bowls have to choose all eligible 6-6 teams nationally before choosing a 6-7 team.

That's how I understand it at least. I think the rule was really made for those teams playing 13 games since they play at Hawaii. Dumb to punish us for making the championship game.

ACC has 5 bowl eligible teams besides us. I'm pretty sure there are more than 5 ACC bowls. So unless the ACC bowls have to go outside the conference BEFORE picking us, we should be good.

The ACC has 9 tie-ins with 8 bowl eligible teams including Tech. We're going bowling.

Edit: Actually, ACC only has 7 with Miami ban.

No, it's sun bowl or orange bowl for us, that's what it is.

Unless we find a D, O, ST and coaching by the time of the FSU game I do not believe this team deserves to be in a bowl, we already have our annual year end last game loss pretty well locked up, that stinker of a game today did not help salvage this lousy season.

Getting rather tired of the same crock of crap at the end of each year, thank goodness we do not play Georgia Southern to be further embarrassed, not sure we can compete at that level with the current program under CPJ

I did expect to lose today but hoped we had the ability to make it respectable.!alas, that is not the case.

The ACC has 9 tie-ins with 8 bowl eligible teams including Tech. We're going bowling.

Dude, you can't go if you're not eligible, and that's determined by the NCAA not the conferences. According to this guy at CBS, the NCAA changed the rules. So, we might be the first team in history to become eligible then lose it not because of NCAA violations.

There are only 6 ACC teams going to bowls. Miami, UNC, Virginia, BC, Maryland, Wake not going

Unfortunately the band of idiots that is the NCAA have arranged things differently. If you're 6-7, even if the 7th loss is from a conference championship game, you basically go to the end of the pecking order among 6 win teams.

Unfortunately the band of idiots that is the NCAA have arranged things differently. If you're 6-7, even if the 7th loss is from a conference championship game, you basically go to the end of the pecking order among 6 win teams.

Well this sucks...

Back