It's Orange Bowl or nothing

I believe this is because we haven't formally filed the waiver yet. No reason to do so unless we lose the ACCCG. Unless people are saying there is no waiver.

Don't the bowls get announced on Sunday? I would assume that the issue of the waiver will be determined this week before the conference championships are played. There might not be an announcement until it officially becomes an issue, but I doubt that our bowl eligibility will be decided on Sunday morning just before the choosing begins.

If nothing else, the NCAA should give us a waiver to be able to practice. That's one of the big benefits of a bowl game.

If nothing else, the NCAA should give us a waiver to be able to practice. That's one of the big benefits of a bowl game.
Lately the latter has been the only benefit ... :-/

I think we need the bowl practice more than we need the ACC game. Frankly, the rule against 6-7 teams is awful, if the 7th loss is in a conference championship game. We beat Duke, we have the same record. They get a bowl because we had to play FSU. Anyone who thinks this is a fair rule isn't thinking straight. Come on Swofford, help the NCAA get this right.

Let's just give the ACC title to FSU and let fans with tickets in Charlotte watch highlights on the big screen of UNC and Duke basketball championships. They would get a bigger crowd and North Carolinians would have a far better time.

Kent State more likely.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Is there a bowl game that got f'ed more by the BCS than the Orange?

There were no better bowl games than those BiG8 vs...

Is there a bowl game that got f'ed more by the BCS than the Orange?

There were no better bowl games than those BiG8 vs...

That's A FACT! Always New Years night, winding up the major lineup New Years Day. Many epic contests deciding #1 after upsets earlier in the day. Orange Bowl almost gave up unanimous / concensus MNC New Years Day 1991.

BCS with ACC tie in has relegated it to an off New Years Day 2nd tier interest rivaling the Gator Bowl. :soapbox:

Back