It's time to back GT or shut up.

Kennesawkid

Varsity Lurker
It\'s time to back GT or shut up.

I visited the stadium again today and it is looking great. Then I came home and tuned in to Sting Talk and either wanted to throw up or punch someone. The start of practice is 3 weeks away and the season 6 plus weeks away. If you are a true fan it is time to speak up in a positive manner and rally around our team and coaching staff. To continue this endless anti-Chan crap is only making it harder to succeed under difficult circumstances including a tough schedule and a shortage of numbers on our team. We need to be true fans now more than ever and phoey on the "fair-weathers". The players need to know we are behind them and they need to take the "we'll show you non-believers how good we are attitude". We as fans need to let our players and coached know we are on their side and not sitting in judgement as to whether the coach needs to win x number of games to stay employed. Shame on you people who did not renew your ticket orders this season. You will miss out on the thrill of going to our new stadium and cheering for GT, WIN OR LOSE. Being a Tech athlete at one time, I know how much I put into my sport. It felt awfull when we worked so hard and lost, but we never were booed by our fans. I have the utmost contempt for any person who claims to be a GT fan and then boo a player or coach. How would you feel to be treated that way after giving your all? In my college days, we used to call UGA fans "fair-weathers" who came out of the wood work when they won. That was the ultimate term of disrespect for their fans. Now I see far too many of them wearing white and gold and claiming to be Tech fans. In the purest sense, they are not!

Re: It\'s time to back GT or shut up.

shocked.gif
Careful Kennesaw, I said about the same thing and was "graded" a c- by one of our fair weather "friends". I agree with everything you wrote. Give 'em hell!

If you are a true fan it is time to speak up in a positive manner and rally around our team and coaching staff.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Damn! That almost reads like a Hive-type ultimatum!!

whipping.gif

Kennesawkid, I wish all our fans felt as you and I do. I think we
have a wonderful coach, staff and
group of players. All of these
people are preparing for this season, while so many of our "so
called" fans are berating them.
Shame on all of you who are berating them before the season
has even begun. I and my
family are looking forward to this seaon, as we do every year.

So riddle me this 2BT, when you compare it to the Hive I assume you look askance at the comments he made? So is that because it's a "rally round the flag" call or what? What's so bad about being fired up about GT and wanting other to be as well? Still don't understand us, why we feel the need to wallow in our misery (or create some if it isn't there). I'm sure there's a pshychological term for it, and I'd bet it's not healthy.

BTW, I still don't get the allusions to the Hive either. If you don't think negativity reigns over there as well you must not ever look.

So riddle me this 2BT, when you compare it to the Hive I assume you look askance at the comments he made?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">And, as usual, you assume wrong but what else is new? Didn't criticize the 'kid'. Just noted that the statement for many, many years symbolized the main thoughts of the powers that be over there.

What's so bad about being fired up about GT and wanting other(s) to be as well?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Hope you don't mind me adding the (s) for you, I assume you wanted it there initially? To answer your question, I find nothing wrong with it at all if that's all he's wanting. However, he started his message from high on the mountain with, " Then I came home and tuned in to Sting Talk and either wanted to throw up or punch someone. " So you're condoning the physical attacks now on those who don't feel the way he (or you) does?

Still don't understand us, why we feel the need to wallow in our misery (or create some if it isn't there). I'm sure there's a pshychological term for it, and I'd bet it's not healthy.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Not sure what you're trying to say here? Almost sounds as if you're concerned for the well-being of others? I've yet to see somebody 'wallowing' about in his or her misery. I'm certainly not. And being a health teacher of over 10 years I can assure you there's nothing unhealthy for fans who saw enough last season to be concerned for this year.

BTW, I still don't get the allusions to the Hive either. If you don't think negativity reigns over there as well you must not ever look.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I don't really care for the Hive anymore but when I did I saw enough censorship to take it off of my 'Favorites List'. I bet I'm not alone either. You obviously get off on it. That's your perrogative. I wish you the best in your adventures over there.

Amen Kennesaw Kid! It is almost football season. We have our coach and players for the 2003 season. It is time to go win football games. Coaches, players, and fans you are either part of the solution or part of the problem. Chan will coach the 2003 season, if you are moaning and groaning right now you are only hurting the team. We can evaluate the season in November.

I agree 100%. Gailey isn't a bad coach; yes we had 2 bad losses; but how pathetic was 2001? Just as bad. The team quit after the clemson game that year. Enough of this crap. Support the team or shut up. You might not agree with who is in "office" but ultimately it is the kids that need the support. Constantly being negative gives a bad reflection of the tech fanbase in online forums.

I'm with you Kid they either need to speak up for the team/coaches or shut up!!!!!! I feel the same way you feel
I really don't understand how a so call fan can say I'm pulling for the team and not for the coach
confused.gif
I guess i hope the line do well but not the runningbacks or the QB but not the WR. Maybe i'm all for the D but not for the O since chan is calling the plays. Lets face it some fonts want this team to fail so the can prove a point or see the coach the want in chan's place. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN CHAN WILL WIN AT GT THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!!

..."none of this lyin around here (stuff)!"

Time to bring it with attitude to BDS, baby!

I'll bee there in Provo when "toe meets leather"!

GO Jackets! GATA!

2BT, all you had to say was you were making an editorial comment about the Hive. I said I was making an assumption, since the only way to ask what you meant was by posting that's what I did. Since I was wrong I appreciate you pointing it out to me.
smile.gif

You can't manufacture confidence, it has to be earned. I am dying to have some reason to be confident/optimistics but I just can't find any right now.

I agree, it is time to put up or shut up. That means the fans as well as coaches and administrators.

I will admit the enthusiasm for July 13th is very interesting.

Allow me to provide a link where that enthusiasm can make you some nice pocket change (not that I condone that type of behavior but if you happen to be in Vegas.....)

$1 gets you $1,000 for an ACC title

Originally posted by 2 Big Techsticles:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif"> If you are a true fan it is time to speak up in a positive manner and rally around our team and coaching staff.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Damn! That almost reads like a Hive-type ultimatum!!

whipping.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Kennesawkid is simply one of us posters. He can't give us "ultimatums" except in the sense that he can challenge us to support our team, our coaches, and our school.

Got a problem with that?

kid, you said it, I'm with you; thanks for putting it out there.

originally posted by goldmember
You can't manufacture confidence, it has to be earned. I am dying to have some reason to be confident/optimistics but I just can't find any right now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Confidence is built (manufactured) from within. It is fragile and easily crumbles, but the ability to remain confident amid difficult circumstances is what separates the men from the boys.
In a few weeks a group of young men will gather at The Flats to begin a building process. Confidence is a part of that project. Most of these young men are excellent football players, and everyone of them has chosen the play football for the Yellow Jackets. Many of them have chosen to play for GT with Coach Gailey at the helm. The majority of them will put forth their full effort in order to contribute to the team and it's success.
Coach Gailey has a staff that also is totally committed to GT football. He and they have been working toward common goals. When the full squad arrives, they too will begin to follow a course designed to carry the team toward their goals.
Along the way, their will be physical, emotional, and mental obstacles. As those are overcome, confidence will become stronger and stronger within each one of those young men individually which translates into a confident team. In turn, goals are met and the reason that these guys came to Tech in the first place begin to come to fruition.
So, if nothing else, be optimistic that there are a group of people soon coming together in order to play a game you love for a school you love, and they have it within themselves to be the best and win each game.

Confidence?

Bobby Dodd said it all when he said, "You boys are just a little bit better when you put on that Georgia Tech uniform."

Of course, all of us know he said Georgie Tech.

We're Georgia Tech! You might outscore us, but you never, ever beat us! We're Ramblin' Wrecks! Midnight ramblers!
Careful when you lift that leg to pee. Something's gonna get stung!

Originally posted by goldmember:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Let's see..there's a cheer in here somewhere..

"Rah! Rah! Sis coomb bah! I'm depressed, we're all a mess, Rah!, Rah!, Rah!"

Let's review. You're a big Georgia Tech fan? Yeah. Right.

Remind me to not get stuck in a lifeboat with you. You're much too strong and inspirational. Oh wait! That's somebody else's job!

Sorry.

Well, I'm looking forward to watching my jackets this year. W or L, I LOVE MY JACKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO TECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drinking.gif
drinking.gif
drinking.gif
drinking.gif
drinking.gif
drinking.gif
drinking.gif
puke.gif

The home football schedule is awesome this year. I'm extra excited. Go Jackets!

Back