It's time to back GT or shut up.

Re: It\'s time to back GT or shut up.

Better yet BeeBad, how about ole Coleman getting on down to the AA and telling Chan to his face his thoughts? Or better yet, how about Coleman addressing the team and telling them if 15 of them were on the field at once, they couldn't beat Auburn? How does that sound BeeBad?

Originally posted by ncjacket:
BeeBad, tell you what. If I lived in Atl area and had a chance to talk to Coleman I would be happy to tell him that I don't agree with how he's going about voicing his displeasure with the football program at Tech. As a Tech man, I'm sure he would discuss it civilly with me and we would at least understand each other when our conversation was over. He's of course free to do what he wants. I'm also free to let him know what I think. I would be willing to bet any amount you name that we'd leave it at that. I think Coleman is smart enough, and secure enough in himself that there wouldn't be any fighting involved. Also, I wouldn't "get in his face" anyway. I'm not that stupid or that redneck and I would bet spellingbee isn't either.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">NC.. spellingbee agreed with Kennesaw's post which said that all who are critical of the program should, "Shut Up"... he goes on to say that he feels like "punching someone"... Many others agreed with Kennesaw... Coleman is criticizing chan & the program... So go & confront HIM if you want to make a name for yourselves...There's been veiled threats to those who criticize The Regime off & on since January... Disagree yes, but enough is enough with these redneck displays of cheap whiskey & testosterone...

Originally posted by BeeBad:
...There's been veiled threats to those who criticize The Regime off & on since January...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You caught me, Beesilly! That was me, dressed as a Saudi Arabian woman, issuing those threats. Dr. Clough himself called me in and said, "Belly-by the way, excellent nickname, you're hog-fat, boy-I'm busy up here trying to keep those EE pencil-necks from getting in Coleman's face, but meanwhile The Regime is being criticized." Here he paused; I thought he was going to cry, but he gathered himself after a moment and said:

"Belly, will you put on the veil again?"

"I'd be proud, sir! What threat shall I make this time?"

"Well this time let's get this KennesawKid to post on StingTalk and tell everyone to just shut up!" He looked like he was tearing up again, so I fell prostrate and backed out of the room on my... uh...belly, like you have to do with Clough and Braine and Gailey. Just to be safe, I crossed myself and handled my snake (I always keep one in my pocket for such occasions).

But dressing like a woman is no burden on me! I'm willing (even eager) to do whatever is necessary to make the world safe for Stepford FOCers.

So watch out for a Veiled Threat with a big belly, Beelame! It might be me.

What about the DL? This seems to always be an area of weakness for us and the academic fiasco has been devastating in this area. Will we need to start true freshman or are there other players outside the 2 deep that I am forgetting.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I thought about this too Goldmember. Its a real
concern, I agree. However, I think Gathers and
Henderson will hold down the ends pretty well. I
also think that Wrotto or Newberry will get into
the mix in the 2 deep.

The loss of Pullen is hard to quantify, since we
never saw him play...

Also...I'm expecting increased athleticism in the
defensive secondary and a healthy Darryl Smith to
help the run defense in the middle.

Originally posted by spellingbee:
originally posted by beebad </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Haven't seen hide nor hair of Kennesaw Kid or techs since their meltdowns... guess the beer must've run out... Always hate it when that happens...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">FYI, one of the posters to whom you referred is out of town having left the day after he expressed his frustration on this board. Believe me, his was not a beer (or any other drug or alcohol) induced meltdown. He, and apparantly the other poster to whom you refer, called it the way he saw it. Crap is crap, and these two "spoke" their minds as such--and to much support.

Why, in the midst of a pep-rallying thread, would you stoop to call out two specific posters while contributing absolutely nothing but waves of dissension? You gave no opinion (emotionally or factually reinforced) or relevant addition to the thread.

As well, by posting such drivel, you further reveal yourself to be divisive in the nature of your posts and a detriment to logical debate and constructive dialogue.

BTW, I'm leaving in the morning to begin a vacation, so don't consider me AWOL after having posted. I'll check the board when I get back in town. Odds are good that things will look about the same around here.
wink.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Trying to rally the Tech faithful while telling the faithful to 'shut up' who do not agree is divisive not a rally cry! Coming on here and telling anyone to shut up is not right - and as a Tech fan find it unacceptable.

Originally posted by bellyseries:
Oh, shut up.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I refuse to say it to anyone - I know you disagree with me but I really thought Tech fans were above this! Goes to show you what a 'one year' coach can do.

BellySeries, you are in rare form today.

Pretty good for a Democrat!

grin.gif

BeeBad I don't understand your post. Is it possible you didn't read mine? My whole point was that I would be happy to discuss things rationally with anybody including Coleman. But since you were referencing getting in people's faces and whether some posters had the guts to do it, I was making the point that it doesn't have to be that way. And that in fact it shouldn't for Tech people. Not sure what your response was referring to.

A left handed compliment from Ahso, WOW.
laugh.gif
kaloos.gif

Let's all stop acting like Mutts. Support our Yellow Jackets win loose or draw.
pat.gif

I want to see Belly do his dance at the Varsity for the Clempson clash. He would give those "kitties" some fun in the big city.

Miscmun.gif
pat.gif
drinking.gif

AS usual, BeeBad has to louse up a thread. Let me defend myself from his slander. First of all, I am a teatotaler, I don't drink, so I did not leave when the "beer ran out". Secondly, I have not been away from Tech for any reason. I am going into my 33rd consecutive eason without missing a home football game. How about you BeeBad,do you have any kind of record of allegiance to match that? Third, I said I felt like "punching someone", but I have more self discipline than to follow through on it. Besides, I am 60 years old and only weigh 175 lbs. I would be glad to speak face to face with Coleman, and I would tell him that I think he would better serve his agenda by working within the system and not by publicly berating GT or Chan Gailey. As for you, BeeBad, I can always be found near the front of the line at Barker's Hotdog stand as soon as the team has passed on Yellow Jacket Alley before each home game. And finally, I have always stood by GT and its players and coaches and will not hesitate to tell them to shut up if they berate my guys.

Oh, BEEBAD, I am baaack!!! Your idea of a meltdown is what some of us call an out of town speaking engagement and then a 3 day working vacation.
I have been home now for about two hours and am catching up on somethings I missed while gone. Your cute reference to me was one of those things.
I am very tempted to get nasty with you at this point, but shucks, the majority of the board has done that for me and I will just consider your lack of information for the remark you made about me.
But there is one thing which I have mentioned before and which you never address: Where are you from, beebad? It is certain you squirm and will not give your name (ask B.O.R.), but you could tell us where you are from, that is unless you have melted down to far to tell us. Really, what is it BeeWare? Are you that timid, afraid, ashamed? Most on the board at least give their town, and others their state....from you we hear nothing...agai: afraid or ashamed?
wink.gif

Oooooooohhhhhh, beeeeebad, I am not your worst nightmare; but just want you to know: I ammmmmmmm baaaaaack!!!!

What you labeled a "meltdown", in this case is correctly referred to as a one day speaking engagement and a 3 day working vacation. I left Saturday and returned about 4 hours ago. Just want to keep you abreast dear friend.
By the way: where are you from?and/or why won't you tell us? I note that you were afraid to give B.O.R. your true name; I am sure your fear continues as more than one time I have ask you "where are you from"?
wink.gif

I'm with you, Kennesaw. Good message about public berating of Ma Tech.

Back