It's time to back GT or shut up.

Re: It\'s time to back GT or shut up.

Looking forward to seeing this young team mature into a powerhouse under CCG and staff
drinking.gif

Its coming, like it or not CCG will be successfull, tech will return to the top of the college football world with ya or without ya Chan haters
drinking.gif

Good post.

We were a decent QB away from winning 9 or 10
games last season. If Tony hadn't blown his knee
out we'd have beaten Wake and FSU even with our
poor QB play.

This season will hinge on Bilbo and the offensive
line.

I think we can win at least as many games as we
did last season and perhaps a few more of the close
ones...

Yes, yes, yes....I am with you 100% Kennesawkid! It is time for all of us to get behind our team and cheer them on to victory. Cheer them on or shut up is the right formula for us fans at this point of going into the season when nothing can be changed.
blue.gif

Preach on Kid!!
Time to get behind our jackets..

Kid... save me a seat next to you at BDS... I want to watch the game with you !! Thanks for the post.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!!

..."none of this lyin around here (stuff)!"

Time to bring it with attitude to BDS, baby!

I'll bee there in Provo when "toe meets leather"!

Provo Spain?

Utah, it's wedged in between Nevada and Wyoming....You've seen pictures
smile.gif

Doesn't matter who the coach is or who the quarterback is or who snubbed who at the fan club meeting. The season is nearing and its time to put on our GOLD and support TECH!
drinking.gif

Haven't seen hide nor hair of Kennesaw Kid or techs since their meltdowns... guess the beer must've run out... Always hate it when that happens...

Originally posted by sfalco:
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!!

..."none of this lyin around here (stuff)!"

Time to bring it with attitude to BDS, baby!

I'll bee there in Provo when "toe meets leather"!

Provo Spain?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Can you really expect a Dawg to know where Provo is? After all, UGAg hasn't played a non-conference road game other than Clemson or Tech since the early '70s (no joke).

Joltin, that statistic is pretty wild. I actually just looked, and that's right for at least the last 10 years. I'll just take your word for it on the 20 years before....and why don't they play non-conference road games other than us and clemson anyway?

Couldn't be that they're SCARED could it? Nah, must be something else.

originally posted by beebad
Haven't seen hide nor hair of Kennesaw Kid or techs since their meltdowns... guess the beer must've run out... Always hate it when that happens...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">FYI, one of the posters to whom you referred is out of town having left the day after he expressed his frustration on this board. Believe me, his was not a beer (or any other drug or alcohol) induced meltdown. He, and apparantly the other poster to whom you refer, called it the way he saw it. Crap is crap, and these two "spoke" their minds as such--and to much support.

Why, in the midst of a pep-rallying thread, would you stoop to call out two specific posters while contributing absolutely nothing but waves of dissension? You gave no opinion (emotionally or factually reinforced) or relevant addition to the thread.

As well, by posting such drivel, you further reveal yourself to be divisive in the nature of your posts and a detriment to logical debate and constructive dialogue.

BTW, I'm leaving in the morning to begin a vacation, so don't consider me AWOL after having posted. I'll check the board when I get back in town. Odds are good that things will look about the same around here.
wink.gif

Yeah right, spellingbee... Coleman Rudolph is trashing the Tech program & chan gailey up one side & down the other... I'd like to see you, Kennesaw & the other pencil necks get in HIS face and tell HIM to shut up... He could call you out but you would all hide behind your computers.. Go back to your AutoCad & leave the football to me... I'll tell you when it is safe to come out...

Originally posted by CrackerJacket:
Good post.

We were a decent QB away from winning 9 or 10
games last season. If Tony hadn't blown his knee
out we'd have beaten Wake and FSU even with our
poor QB play.

This season will hinge on Bilbo and the offensive
line.

I think we can win at least as many games as we
did last season and perhaps a few more of the close
ones...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">What about the DL? This seems to always be an area of weakness for us and the academic fiasco has been devastating in this area. Will we need to start true freshman or are there other players outside the 2 deep that I am forgetting.

Originally posted by BeeBad:
Yeah right, spellingbee... Coleman Rudolph is trashing the Tech program & chan gailey up one side & down the other... I'd like to see you, Kennesaw & the other pencil necks get in HIS face and tell HIM to shut up... He could call you out but you would all hide behind your computers.. Go back to your AutoCad & leave the football to me... I'll tell you when it is safe to come out...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">spellingbee .. enjoy your vacation. hopefully u'll not be bothered by jerks like wannabee.

beebad,
My post had nothing to do with Coleman Rudolph and I didn't tell you to shut-up. I called your posts what they are--bullshit. I don't get his program down here, but I don't respect what he is doing if he is trashing GT and Coach Gailey. If he is a legitimate sports-talk host, he has to comment on the good and the bad, but there is no call for a former GT athlete to take aim at the school who payed for his education.

FWIW, I have no doubt that CR could pound me mercilessly into the ground--so what? You talk as if there are a host of posters who post and then designate a meeting place to come out and fight, but a few of us just post and don't come to the fighting arena. As far as I know, there has been no fights as a result of this board--a few posters posturing here and there but no fights, so how am I different than any other poster?

I have no problem with you knowing who I am (read my profile) and would have no problem meeting you at a game. I'm not hiding behind my computer--I'm out there for all to see if they want to.

As for your assumption that I work in computers or some other technological or engineering based field, you are predictably incorrect. Again, read the profile.

I know some football too. I played H.S. ball, coached on a H.S. football team that made it to the Ga Dome two years in a row (lost there both years, though.) I have followed football for twenty-five or more years. There is no reason to question that aspect. I'm positive that there are many here who "know football" more than me, but I really don't see why that should keep me from posting and limit me to CAM/CAD or whatever computer application it was you mentioned.

My original question to you was why in the midst of a thread you decided to call out two posters with who you have a problem. You didn't answer that; you only chose to tell me that Coleman Rudolph could beat me up, that I didn't know football, and that I work in the computer world and was scared to "come out from behind me computer." You are SAD. You say you know football, well talk football instead of manufacturing divisive posts.

originally posted by ylojk8
spellingbee .. enjoy your vacation.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">thanks. I'm looking forward to it. I would tell you where I'm going but Coleman Rudolph or, even worse, beebad might track me down and pull me from behind my computer
grin.gif

Originally posted by GTMoney:
Joltin, that statistic is pretty wild. I actually just looked, and that's right for at least the last 10 years. I'll just take your word for it on the 20 years before....and why don't they play non-conference road games other than us and clemson anyway?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I did some research on it for the folks at the Hive sometime last year. After just looking through the schedules again a minute ago, the last real trip they took was to play at Houston (a 15-14 loss) in 1967. The last trip west of the Mississippi was in 1960 when they played at Southern Cal.

Remember when they whined when we played the Citadel a couple years ago - I see quite a few Richmonds, William & Marys, Western Carolinas, VMIs, and Ga Southerns on their schedules.

FWIW, the Mutts actually did have series with South Carolina (before joining the SEC) and Tulane (after leaving the SEC) in the '70s and early '80s, but still...

Wasn't there some kind of stink in the early '80s about them scheduling a home-and-home with UCLA, but Vince pulled out before they had to make the return trip?

BeeBad, tell you what. If I lived in Atl area and had a chance to talk to Coleman I would be happy to tell him that I don't agree with how he's going about voicing his displeasure with the football program at Tech. As a Tech man, I'm sure he would discuss it civilly with me and we would at least understand each other when our conversation was over. He's of course free to do what he wants. I'm also free to let him know what I think. I would be willing to bet any amount you name that we'd leave it at that. I think Coleman is smart enough, and secure enough in himself that there wouldn't be any fighting involved. Also, I wouldn't "get in his face" anyway. I'm not that stupid or that redneck and I would bet spellingbee isn't either.

Back