It's Up With the White and Olive

Darn! What a disappointment! I thought we were going back to our tradition and roots with the announcement of white shirts and gold pants for home games. These ugly uniforms are anything but traditional. They resemble a copy of West Virginia and Va. Tech.

I can only hope these won't last long, and Tech returns to its tradional uniforms soon. Who was responsible for these ugly unis anyway? :ugh: :eek:

Darn! What a disappointment! I thought we were going back to our tradition and roots with the announcement of white shirts and gold pants for home games. These ugly uniforms are anything but traditional. They resemble a copy of West Virginia and Va. Tech.

I can only hope these won't last long, and Tech returns to its tradional uniforms soon. Who was responsible for these ugly unis anyway? :ugh: :eek:

back from the Klan rally early today, FH?

I say white and honey mustard

Old Gold has been called mustard many times, but that is old gold, and that is the "traditional" color.

it is very obvious that there is no jersey possible to please everyone that is a Tech fan.

People say they want "traditional" but they all mean from "THEIR" time period. i remember white, gold, blue and black jerseys all at home! i remember old gold, urine gold and vegas gold.

some want a classic stiping pattern like a few thin ones around the sleeve, and some want to 'bring Tech into the modern era'. face it, too many egos and people that think they know everything are part of the Tech fan community to make everyone happy.

but i am tired of everyone poo-poohing every f'n decision made by the AA. if you have a better idea, talk to them. if you just want to bitch, then you should be on the dawgvent, where the bitches belong.

get over it, its a uniform for this year. if you dont like it, dont buy it.

support Tech, quit complaining about everything. be positive and supportive.

I'm going to give this gold the same name I've always thought our basketball court looked like:

Baby diarrhea gold

I'm still excited to see some freakin football, though...

Old Gold has been called mustard many times, but that is old gold, and that is the "traditional" color.

it is very obvious that there is no jersey possible to please everyone that is a Tech fan.

People say they want "traditional" but they all mean from "THEIR" time period. i remember white, gold, blue and black jerseys all at home! i remember old gold, urine gold and vegas gold.

some want a classic stiping pattern like a few thin ones around the sleeve, and some want to 'bring Tech into the modern era'. face it, too many egos and people that think they know everything are part of the Tech fan community to make everyone happy.

but i am tired of everyone poo-poohing every f'n decision made by the AA. if you have a better idea, talk to them. if you just want to bitch, then you should be on the dawgvent, where the bitches belong.

get over it, its a uniform for this year. if you dont like it, dont buy it.

support Tech, quit complaining about everything. be positive and supportive.

Yeah dude, that was sarcasm. Even if I was being serious, it's my opinion and I have the right to share it. Talk about someone getting their panties in a wad.

I know what old gold looks like. I like the jerseys and don't care for the pants but I'm cool either way as long as we win. I was just making a sarcastic comment based on all this talk about jerseys and color schemes and all that crap that I really care nothing about.

Anyone who think that looks like olive is a moron, or needs lasik.

That's what this message board is for! I believe it's perfectly appropriate for us to chime in with our $0.02. If a Tech fan hates the uniforms, this is the place to let his or her opinion be known. Would you seriously prefer we all called Dan Radakovich with our grievances?

And in case anyone was wondering, I love the uniforms we had in '06, '07 ;)

Actually wasn't buit for you info I hated them. That gold has nothing to do with GT.

If it was good enough for Joe Hamilton, it's good enough for me :biggthumpup:

hamiltonaction.jpg

72557136.jpg

72557136.jpg

I'm sorry but just pick a friggin GOLD that works! I don't care how much money somebody wants to give to live in his wool based memory. I have never argued vegas gold, old gold, cheddar cheese, etc. I don't mind Navy blue, but come on. These pants are a joke. The tops look okay with me. I was worried, but they look okay. But the pants are a joke.

The basic gold pants, white shirt and gold helmet that we've had, similarly for a long time, was fine. Why are we so focused on trying to find old gold in a textile industry that just doesn't want it or have it? Youi can't find old gold in helmet material, pants material and jersey material, so stop trying already!!!!!!!!

And yes, on the internet, those pants look like light olive green gold to me, or urine green if you prefer. And the helmets look like yellow urine green.

I liked college football BECAUSE they didnt' have to have loud music to entertain me. I liked the old style, I liked the old brick buildings, I liked the old music, I liked the old campus, I liked the old friends, I like how the fans actually get cheers going.

I do not like Tech's efforts to find an old gold. Just pick purple and black.

I

And yes, on the internet, those pants look like light olive green gold to me, or urine green if you prefer. And the helmets look like yellow urine green.
So why not wait until you see it live then? BTW, if your urine looks like that you need to see a doctor.

Back