It's Up With the White and Olive

As usual, most of you people are missing the REALLY BIG PICTURE!

The Gold in the new football unis does not match the Gold in the

BAND UNIS:eek:

My heavens, what will the rappers say about that?

I lol at the fact that we have so little gold in our unis, and that no one has brought up the yellow/navy pretties from not too long ago:

2037502.jpg

I'd rather be bummed about the uniforms than the team's play.

Darn! What a disappointment! I thought we were going back to our tradition and roots with the announcement of white shirts and gold pants for home games. These ugly uniforms are anything but traditional. They resemble a copy of West Virginia and Va. Tech.

I can only hope these won't last long, and Tech returns to its tradional uniforms soon. Who was responsible for these ugly unis anyway? :ugh: :eek:
Helloooooooo.
It is not 1960 or 1970 or even 1980 anymore. Uniforms are a big part of recruiting, marketing, building an image, branding, etc.
Plus, depending on the deal, they might be being paid to wear certain uniforms--and most assuredly they are getting the uniforms gratis from Russell. As far as I can tell we are going to have at least 6 or 7 combinations--from traditional to very edgy. If we win wearing any of them, I am for it.

As far as I can tell we are going to have at least 6 or 7 combinations--from traditional to very edgy. If we win wearing any of them, I am for it.

It is a cold day in hell. I am in full agreement with Yukonwreck. Be careful you don't get hit by flying pigs today.

As far as I can tell we are going to have at least 6 or 7 combinations--from traditional to very edgy.

What do you mean by this? I'll tell you right now that Tech has three jerseys. White, Blue, and Mustard Gold. The whites will be worn home and away with the Blue and Mustard Gold jerseys to be worn on special occasions. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see one of those jerseys until 2009.

What do you mean by this? I'll tell you right now that Tech has three jerseys. White, Blue, and Mustard Gold. The whites will be worn home and away with the Blue and Mustard Gold jerseys to be worn on special occasions. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see one of those jerseys until 2009.

What about pants and helmets?

I am not a math major but add in 2 pairs of pants and we're already up to 6 different combinations not including the helmets.

According to DRad on 790 this morning, "The mustard yellow is Old Gold, and was worn on throwback day."

As a freshman in the fall of '73 I dated a Dawg and brought her to home games. She took one look at our uniforms and laughed, "Ya'll are the color of Leseur English peas." Over the years, especially on cloudy days in Durham, I've looked at our gold helmets and thought to myself, "She wasn't too far off when the said we look like English peas." But, guess what, I broke up with her after the Dawgs beat us that year and I still like our gold better than their ugly red and black.

Back