It's Up With the White and Olive

The only good thing them about them is that the kids seem to like them. If this will help them kick some a$$ on the field then I can live with it and wait until some throw-back game when the real gold gets trotted out on the field.

That's what this message board is for! I believe it's perfectly appropriate for us to chime in with our $0.02. If a Tech fan hates the uniforms, this is the place to let his or her opinion be known. Would you seriously prefer we all called Dan Radakovich with our grievances?

And in case anyone was wondering, I love the uniforms we had in '06, '07 ;)

NO it is not. the message board was started to get INFORMATION to Tech fans about the Tech program and to DISCUSS IT.

not to have BITCH SESSIONS about things you dont like. what does that solve or how does that help anything? like i said, if you want to bitch, do it on the AJC board or somewhere like that

if you have a good idea, YES email or phone it to D Rad or someone else at the AA. or have a dinner party and invite people over to discuss the problem and then (after consideration) submit it AND a potential solution or two to the AA

coming on here and whining is a reactionary act that solves nothing and makes the program look similar to the one further east...

GT = classy; whining = loser

Like Mos Def says,

I was taught when there's somethin' you can change around
Keep quiet, you got nothin' to complain about
You got work to do, I don't know if that work for you
But thats how Mos work it through
And my work is personal, I'm a workin person
I put in work, I work with purpose
I get it there, on the water, air, the surface
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/mosdef/championrequiem.html

I'm going to give this gold the same name I've always thought our basketball court looked like:

Baby diarrhea gold

I'm still excited to see some freakin football, though...
Its pure irony when a guy disses the pants color then turns around and has the exact same color in the graphic in his signature:
Windy's sig:
image.php
Too rich!:laugher:

There's NOTHING FUNNIER than ENGINEERING NERDS who can't even coordinate wearing SOME SHADE, ANY SHADE, OF YELLOW, to Bobby Dodd Stadium, getting their INTERNET UNDERPANTS IN A WAD about what SHADE the uniforms are.

There's NOTHING FUNNIER than ENGINEERING NERDS who can't even coordinate wearing SOME SHADE, ANY SHADE, OF YELLOW, to Bobby Dodd Stadium, getting their INTERNET UNDERPANTS IN A WAD about what SHADE the uniforms are.

I hate it when people classify all Tech grads as nerdy, pocket protector clad, social morons who can't dress themselves. You can choose to think of yourself that way, but don't put me in that category. I am in touch with my feminine side thank you very much.

qe.jpg
+
sliderule.jpg

= This thread

WTF is up with the tape we were using to wrap ankles. Can't we get some old white tape and stop using this eggshell bullsh**. I guess that is what we get for going with Scotch instead of 3M, which all of the powerhouse programs use.

Like Mos Def says,

I was taught when there's somethin' you can change around
Keep quiet, you got nothin' to complain about
You got work to do, I don't know if that work for you
But thats how Mos work it through
And my work is personal, I'm a workin person
I put in work, I work with purpose
I get it there, on the water, air, the surface
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/mosdef/championrequiem.html

I always get my life lessons from rappers - especially those that like to refer to themselves in the 3rd person. Look at the that fine poetry... </sarcasm>

Back to the topic at hand, can anyone explain why we'd pick pants (this mustard old gold color with a weird "stinger" outline) that the players don't like? I heard stories of several players say "no comment" or "they're alright" when referring to the new pants. I was under the impression that the players wanted new unis (I don't remember there being a huge movement by the fanbase to get new unis) so why did we give them something they don't like? Ultimately, who makes the call? DRad? CPJ? Tommy Klemis?

WracerX pulls amazingly away from the pack re: frequency sigged. Better get off the porch Allen.

Back to the topic at hand, can anyone explain why we'd pick pants (this mustard old gold color with a weird "stinger" outline) that the players don't like? I heard stories of several players say "no comment" or "they're alright" when referring to the new pants. I was under the impression that the players wanted new unis (I don't remember there being a huge movement by the fanbase to get new unis) so why did we give them something they don't like? Ultimately, who makes the call? DRad? CPJ? Tommy Klemis?

Here's how I imagine it went down: The new jerseys were chosen and approved without much thought about the pants. Russell Athletic pairs those "weird stinger outline" pants with the jerseys we chose as can be seen here:

41277de4d689931331f4a35febb6a270.300.jpg

I would have strongly preferred we kept the lieutenant stripes pants we've had for the last 40 years, but I guess the decision was made that the new pants will better match the new jerseys.

MY VAGINA!

MY VAGINA!

Someone rescue MY VAGINA from the slight difference in shade from what I demand as a queer Tech Football fan!

I propose a new rule: Anyone complaining about jersey color, or jersey design, must have spent at least 1 season as the designated Flag Corps Flaggot.

I propose a new rule: Anyone complaining about jersey color, or jersey design, must have spent at least 1 season as the designated Flag Corps Flaggot.

That, and they should just go to the hive where they already have 3,285 threads discussing the uniform colors...

I always get my life lessons from rappers - especially those that like to refer to themselves in the 3rd person. Look at the that fine poetry... </sarcasm>

if you actually read the words, you might see that this would be a good lesson for many to learn, maybe including you!

there is no reason why the players should be chosing the uniform. its a decision of the Athletic Association. it represents the Institute and the players should not be the only ones involved in chosing the uniform. the AA, including influencial donors, also have a say

get over it. and you proved my point. all you did was critizice a rapper in your post, for no apparent reason

and since you have obviously not listened to the song, you cant understand why he might use his name in the 3rd person, because you are obviously not musical enough to see that it helps the rhyme.

typical snide as remark by a person that thinks he is smart, but is extremely limited in life experience

Looks like I hit a nerve... A response:

there is no reason why the players should be chosing the uniform. its a decision of the Athletic Association. it represents the Institute and the players should not be the only ones involved in chosing the uniform. the AA, including influencial donors, also have a say

If you re-read my post, you'll notice that I never said that players should be choosing the uniform. I agree with you - it shouldn't be their choice. In fact, I have a hard time believing the big donors actually okay'd this.

but i am tired of everyone poo-poohing every f'n decision made by the AA. if you have a better idea, talk to them. if you just want to bitch, then you should be on the dawgvent, where the bitches belong.

get over it, its a uniform for this year. if you dont like it, dont buy it.

support Tech, quit complaining about everything. be positive and supportive.

One of the few times we are in agreement. If one more person brings up the fashion of jerseys, they get a free bottle of summers eve douche and a scented candle.

As usual, most of you people are missing the REALLY BIG PICTURE!

The Gold in the new football unis does not match the Gold in the

BAND UNIS:eek:

My heavens, what will the rappers say about that?

Back