Jahmyr Gibbs…

If it’s 3rd and 3 late in the fourth quarter and the jackets are protecting a lead and need a first down to salt away the game, give me Mason every time. I said it sitting in the stands against NIU, and I still feel that way.
I would go Mason if we are going up the middle. Smith on the pitch.

Of course, in my world, we'd have Smith and Mason in the backfield for the play. Gibbs lined up in the slot. One TE and McGowan.

I think it's pretty obvious that Gibbs has great speed and quickness, but for whatever reason he's not getting the yardage I expected. Here's our rushing stats through three games. Give Dontae more chances...

View attachment 42003
The more I stew on this, the more frustrated I am about our red zone offense. We've got to find a way to punch the ball in on the ground.

So who's beating them? NC State?

raising-demon-deacon.jpg

Gibbs is so explosive he's keyed on all p
I would go Mason if we are going up the middle. Smith on the pitch.

Of course, in my world, we'd have Smith and Mason in the backfield for the play. Gibbs lined up in the slot. One TE and McGowan.
Gibbs is so explosive, don't you think he's keyed on every time he steps on the field? That set gives a D a headache.

I hope we can figure out a way to get him in space tomorrow. Note to Goober: need 10-15 designed plays for Gibbs.

I hope we can figure out a way to get him in space tomorrow. Note to Goober: need 10-15 designed plays for Gibbs.
Note to you. We need to win. If we are given 70 bubble screens to McGowan then we need to do that.

Note to you. We need to win. If we are given 70 bubble screens to McGowan then we need to do that.
Agree with the need to win. I’d prefer to use our weapons- McGowan, Gibbs, Mason, Smith, Carter, etc on offense than hope some random combination of other players somehow surprises UNC’s D and pulls off a good play.

On top of that, Goober and Key need to give the underperforming OL starters some time on the pine and the back ups some reps to see if they got game.

Back