Jahmyr Gibbs…

We were atrocious when Lavette came to the Flats, 1-10 atrocious. 16-27-1 over his career. He still managed 4.3 ypc in his worst year when everybody and their brother knew he was getting the ball. He had around 25 touches per game when we were averaging about 65. He pulled a heavy load with any support.

Mays endured the early Ross years. I don’t think anyone would claim we had any type of functional offense then either. Mays carried the team until we started clicking his last year in ‘89.

Then there’s Chan and Choice, enough said. Lastly, Dwyer. Well, all he had was a bunch of belly floppers blocking for him.
Lavette had plenty of support.

From what I saw Clemson will lose to UNC. Their offense is one dimensional. UNC can put up points. We are going to have to score often next Saturday.
That offense is almost no dimensional.

Gibbs merits the lion's share of touches, but defenses appear to be doing their best to locate him pre-snap and not let him beat them. They're doing the surround and drown technique of fighting a fire.

Never said they’d put up gobs. But they will definitively score more than field goals. Clemson’s offense is brutal and while their defense is good some of y’all make it sound like they are the 85 Bears. They aren’t.

that defense is way better than their national championship defenses by far and that’s saying something.

Greg Smith and Demaryius Thomas each had 500+ yards receiving in 2007. We averaged 187 yards passing and 199 yards rushing per game that year. Not bad stats.
Dude you’re arguing with a guy who is determined to be butthurt.

Good point. He's throwing öööö against the wall to see what sticks. TC had 1,300+ yards rushing in 2007. Greg Smith and Thomas were legit threats receiving. Peek was going to be a good TE
Is Peek the TE that transferred to Bama and started at Bama during the Early Saban Era, I'm sure he played a lot?

Is Peek the TE that transferred to Bama and started at Bama during the Early Saban Era, I'm sure he played a lot?
I don't sniff Bama's jock like you. He did have 25 catches as a true freshman for us in 2007. In fact, we had seven players with double digit receptions in 2007.

I still don't get what in the hell point you are attempting to make. You seem like a dumbshit.

I don't sniff Bama's jock like you. He did have 25 catches as a true freshman for us in 2007. In fact, we had seven players with double digit receptions in 2007.

I still don't get what in the hell point you are attempting to make. You seem like a dumbshit.
This guy actually seems to be pretty smart.

Unless I have him confused with someone else.

This guy actually seems to be pretty smart.

Unless I have him confused with someone else.
Hell, we have so many trolls and alts join when we lose a game it is hard to keep track.

You said "Peek was going to be a good TE for us"

You made it sound like he ended up injured or on Medical, and I was asking was he the guy that played a lot for Saban and Bama which was in agreement with your comment , "that he was going to be good for us" because he played a lot later in his career at another school

Not sure why asking about Peek was worth the attack and accusations of being a Bama jock sniffer

You made it sound like he ended up injured or on Medical, and I was asking was he the guy that played a lot for Saban and Bama which was in agreement with your comment , "that he was going to be good for us" because he played a lot later in his career at another school

Not sure why asking about Peek was worth the attack and accusations of being a Bama jock sniffer
He had 25 catches in his freshman season with us. I suspect, and obviously I can't prove it, that his stats would have gotten better each season.
Peek should have been granted immediate eligibility to play for Alabama when he arrived. He was dealt a bad hand committing and playing for us and a coach who uses TE's to us hiring a coach who doesn't even want TE's on the roster.

Maybe using a full backfield will be the next surprise? I could see Mason at fullback, Gibbs and Griffin at halfback and sub in Smith (is Griffin hurt?). Sub the slot receiver (#2) for one of the wideouts, replace the TE with a tackle or WR, and run no huddle. Enough to generate some points?

Because ST

It's like going to your friend's house for Thanksgiving and realizing that every comment you make has his crazy family trying to decided which "side" of their family disputes you're going to be on. You just wanted some turkey and would like to leave now.

Welcome

I think it's pretty obvious that Gibbs has great speed and quickness, but for whatever reason he's not getting the yardage I expected. Here's our rushing stats through three games. Give Dontae more chances...

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 2.24.14 AM.png

I’m thinking I confused him with someone else.
I have tried that with the ladies. "I had a few beers. I thought that chick was you"
Two divorces later shows that strategy does not work

All three RB's have different styles IMO and have/need a different game plan. Gibbs is in our opponents heads as he can do the most damage with his break away skills and acceleration, which is why they key on him. He is the consummate competitor, but up the middle shotgun plays take away his speed advantage if there is not the lane for him to hit fast. Once past the line of scrimmage his afterburner burst is the play maker. Mason on the other hand is a beast busting through a clogged line. Conversely, Smith seems to surf along the OL, finding his opportunities and then bolting. All are amazing and Coach Choice is fortunate to have all three.

Back