James Graham in the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
What he’s shown you that sims has a better arm than graham? All I see are people that hate Paul Johnson and decide that they hate every kid that he recruited
I arrive early and watch all warm ups. I have done so for decades now.

Sims has the best arm of any of our QB's followed by Gleason. It is the same way I knew Garner would never be our starter. Recruited to Florida. Dropped when Urban Meyer took the job and arrived at UF with Tebow in tow. Garner came to GT a 4 star. You could tell in practice and pre game warm ups he wasn't that level of QB.

Sims has the best arm of the group. You can continue to think you're a better QB talent evaluator than our staff, but you're not.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb

Sims has the best arm of any of our QB's followed by Gleason. It is the same way I knew Garner would never be our starter. Recruited to Florida. Dropped when Urban Meyer took the job and arrived at UF with Tebow in tow. Garner came to GT a 4 star. You could tell in practice and pre game warm ups he wasn't that level of QB.

Sims has the best arm of the group. You can continue to think you're a better QB talent evaluator than our staff, but you're not.
You keep saying "best arm." Best arm how? Tighter spirals? Can throw it further? Can throw it harder? Quicker release?

What about accuracy? Are you saying he's an accurate passer? Is that what you see in warm ups? I hope so.

Because the three most important characteristics to be a successful passing quarterback are accuracy, accuracy, and accuracy. Decision making is next - but that can be taught and learned through practice in most cases. Being able to accurately place a football exactly where it needs to be placed and when it needs to be placed there, many yards away from where it was thrown, seems to be predominantly an innate skill that relatively few possess.

79tech

Damn Good Rat
To me he's been able to make the short/intermediate throws much better and been able to find 2nd, 3rd option receivers. James never could make the touch passes, only throw the deep ball, and seemed to only look for one target. And nobody here is hating on James from what I've seen. I appreciate everything he's given the program and wish we could find a place to use him but it seems he has his mind made up to play QB and that's what he wants to pursue, so I wish him luck.
I'm not taking sides in this - but I do think the competition in pre-season was close based on the way the ocoordinator talked about the competition. I would assume it was betwen Graham and Simms but maybe not but whomever were the top two, the coaches weren't sure who to pick. Simms appears to me to have lost some of his confidence the last few gamies given his turnover penchant and his running has also suffered from hesitation. Graham might have done better.

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
OLine is garbo. No one was going to succeed back there.

118. JEFF SIMS, GEORGIA TECH
Sims has struggled mightily with protecting the ball this season, whether he is dropping back to pass or carrying the ball on a designed carry. The true freshman has produced the fourth-worst turnover-worthy play rate in the FBS at 7.2%. On top of that, he owns the fourth-worst uncatchable pass rate on throws beyond the line of scrimmage at 37%. This all has led to a 37.8 passing grade this season.
That being said, it's likely Sims has the highest upside

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
I'm not taking sides in this - but I do think the competition in pre-season was close based on the way the ocoordinator talked about the competition. I would assume it was betwen Graham and Simms but maybe not but whomever were the top two, the coaches weren't sure who to pick. Simms appears to me to have lost some of his confidence the last few gamies given his turnover penchant and his running has also suffered from hesitation. Graham might have done better.
I'm guessing the CGC is playing this season for next year, hoping that Sims will be the answer and thinking that he will be better next year if he plays this year, than if he doesn't.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
OLine is garbo. No one was going to succeed back there.

That being said, it's likely Sims has the highest upside
So there only nine worse than Sims in all of FBS - P5 and G5? I know he's a freshman, but . . . oofah!

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
“I’d like to thank God for allowing me to complete 38.5% of my passes. Couldn’t have done it without you.”

Amen.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Worse situations, as the title says.
It ALSO says:

Sims has struggled mightily with protecting the ball this season, whether he is dropping back to pass or carrying the ball on a designed carry. The true freshman has produced the fourth-worst turnover-worthy play rate in the FBS at 7.2%. On top of that, he owns the fourth-worst uncatchable pass rate on throws beyond the line of scrimmage at 37%. This all has led to a 37.8 passing grade this season.

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
It ALSO says:

I'm aware, considering I already cited that from the article. Sims' production is a very visible symptom of the situation.

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
It ALSO says:

To kind of quote past you, is "uncatachable pass rate" a statistic this guy thought up? Not sure where that's found otherwise, unless it's behind this sites' paywall. Closest thing I could find was Football Outsiders doing offensive line statistics, which kind of shows the problem in a different light.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
To kind of quote past you, is "uncatachable pass rate" a statistic this guy thought up? Not sure where that's found otherwise, unless it's behind this sites' paywall. Closest thing I could find was Football Outsiders doing offensive line statistics, which kind of shows the problem in a different light.
IIRC it's a metric which Pro Football Focus uses in its evaluations. It is one measure of a QB's passing accuracy which should be better than completion percentage which depends more heavily on the receiver not dropping the ball.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
IIRC it's a metric which Pro Football Focus uses in its evaluations. It is one measure of a QB's passing accuracy which should be better than completion percentage which depends more heavily on the receiver not dropping the ball.

Sound like a very subjective garbage stat but carry on....

CarsonNewmanJacket

Your average fart joke teller

And you think you’re a better talent evaluator? Warm ups is nothing compared to in game situations. Sims gets flustered and can’t handle pocket presence. Graham has a fairly level head. Now I haven’t seen Gleason play except for one handoff, and I thought he was a good QB in high school. Just out of the QBs I’ve seen play on our roster (Graham, Sims, Yates) Graham is the best I’ve seen in game.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
And you think you’re a better talent evaluator? Warm ups is nothing compared to in game situations. Sims gets flustered and can’t handle pocket presence. Graham has a fairly level head. Now I haven’t seen Gleason play except for one handoff, and I thought he was a good QB in high school. Just out of the QBs I’ve seen play on our roster (Graham, Sims, Yates) Graham is the best I’ve seen in game.

You're the guy saying our backup QB is better than JoeHam FFS......give it a rest

Status
Not open for further replies.