Jeff Sims eyeing possible return to Georgia Tech

Meh. Hope he has a nice game or two to finish up his career. He has taken advantage of his opportunities on the education side of things.
I do too. Some of us forget what ööööheads we might have been at that age. Thank God the public didn't see anything I was up too. He is an alum. I generally root for those to do well.

And I hope he throws for 300 yards with 3 TD's and runs for 150 yards and 2 TD's.

Him moving along was the best for both parties involved. I'm over it. He came back and got his degree at GT and I respect that. He wouldn't crack our 4 deep now.
My F$U buddy was emphatic that losing Sims to GT was a big blow to their class that year.

I guess I don't understand what everyone saw in the guy other than a lot of raw athletic ability.

My F$U buddy was emphatic that losing Sims to GT was a big blow to their class that year.

I guess I don't understand what everyone saw in the guy other than a lot of raw athletic ability.
5,000 yards passing, 1200 yards rushing, 55 TD's in HS.

Unfortunately, I think Collins ruined him.

5,000 yards passing, 1200 yards rushing, 55 TD's in HS.

Unfortunately, I think Collins ruined him.
I'm not going to go look it up, but my memory is that his team didn't win. Certainly not many playoff games. I don't think we should recruit HS QBs that aren't getting their teams deep into the playoffs throughout their HS careers.

I'm not going to go look it up, but my memory is that his team didn't win. Certainly not many playoff games. I don't think we should recruit HS QBs that aren't getting their teams deep into the playoffs throughout their HS careers.
By your metric, average QBs that play for really good teams will be recruited, and really good QBs on average teams will get excluded.

Doesn't seem advantageous at all

Sandalwood HS has never been a power in Jax. They were winless in 2023.

By your metric, average QBs that play for really good teams will be recruited, and really good QBs on average teams will get excluded.

Doesn't seem advantageous at all
It's a pretty low bar for a P4-level QB to will a HS team to success in the playoffs during his HS career. There's also plenty of QBs without a P4 skillset who win at the HS level, but the inverse of P4 level QBs losing is hardly ever true. Tucker Gleason seems to have found a better fit at Toledo, for example.

Can you find a first round pick at QB in the past 5 years who didn't at least make it to the state championship game once in their HS careers?

It's a pretty low bar for a P4-level QB to will a HS team to success in the playoffs during his HS career. There's also plenty of QBs without a P4 skillset who win at the HS level, but the inverse of P4 level QBs losing is hardly ever true. Tucker Gleason seems to have found a better fit at Toledo, for example.

Can you find a first round pick at QB in the past 5 years who didn't at least make it to the state championship game once in their HS careers?
I can't because I DGAF to follow football from HS to the pro draft for all these little assholes

my recollection was that most FSU fans didn;t care much about losing Jeff Sims.

My buddy was referring to the coaching staff - he was a consultant and knew all the coaches & players. They fought back pretty hard to flip him back.
You have to give credit where credit is due.....he did look darn good getting off the bus and in warm ups.

Back