Jeff Sims eyeing possible return to Georgia Tech

justafan

college sports doomer
KQ posted on the Rivals forum that Sims, who entered the portal in December, is looking to transfer BACK to Tech for his final season of eligibility. According to Quinlan's sources, he regrets transferring to Nebraska, and wants to return to pursue a Master's degree as well as rejoin the team to selflessly help us win however he can. The staff is considering letting him compete for a spot at a few different positions including goal-line QB.

I can't believe it. I've never heard of a player transferring back to the school they transferred away from.

KQ posted on the Rivals forum that Sims, who entered the portal in December, is looking to transfer BACK to Tech for his final season of eligibility. According to Quinlan's sources, he regrets transferring to Nebraska, and wants to return to pursue a Master's degree as well as rejoin the team to selflessly help us win however he can. The staff is considering letting him compete for a spot at a few different positions including goal-line QB.

I can't believe it. I've never heard of a player transferring back to the school they transferred away from.
Too early for April fools go to bed

I wouldn't have a problem with him coming back. Not sure if he has the skills to be a WR or something.

Yeah, they're also considering a special coaching spot to help him out with enzone dance routines. GT just has to put the money down & go for 3.

1711973168726.png

He did. On his own dime. Well, with Nebraska NIL $.
Which is why I have no issue with him walking on, if he desires. At worst, he would make a good scout team QB prepping us for teams like FSU.

You might get your wish ..

93cb414b-d6e8-4260-a8bf-361b8bd4873f.png

You haven’t? Have you been under a rock recently? As pointed out above, Former 5* OL starter for Bama Procter left for Iowa in January after Saban retired and has since announced a transfer back to Bama. Here is the timeline.

You haven’t? Have you been under a rock recently? As pointed out above, Former 5* OL starter for Bama Procter left for Iowa in January after Saban retired and has since announced a transfer back to Bama. Here is the timeline.

Well I would consider that a canceled transfer, not a transfer then transfer back. So a little different than Sims. Has anyone ever transferred away, played, then transferred back?

Good for him.

Well I would consider that a canceled transfer, not a transfer then transfer back. So a little different than Sims. Has anyone ever transferred away, played, then transferred back?
Well. I hate to say bring it up, but Stetson Bennett did. Ban me for having dawg thoughts.
I need to have all such things erased from my memory

The last thing we need is Sims coming in as a goal line QB and fumbling. Surely that part of the story was April Fools material.

It has happened, but not very often prior to the Portal and elimination of having to sit out via transfer. This is going to become more common place as time goes on (I could really see it for hoops more than football). But like everything else, this is a new chaos with the NCAA being neutered of any control (their own doing in the end).

When a commissioner of sorts is put in place for the new P4, eventual P3 CFB, I’m sure guidelines and rules will be put in place. That’s the hope anyway.

Back