Jeff Sims eyeing possible return to Georgia Tech

Personally, I believe in giving people another chance. People can change. If he's really come back to Tech to get his degree, that impresses me. I wish him the best.
He already has a degree from Nebraska so if he came back it would be for a masters degree. I doubt they’d let him come back for an MBA if he’s not adding value to the football team.

He should look at an FCS willing to offer a masters degree where his athleticism can make a difference

tenor.gif

So, this was an April Fools joke, right? But… it’s true it seems. Looks like according to his LinkedIn, Sims is indeed back at GT, to finish his business administration degree, but not on the football team

So, this was an April Fools joke, right? But… it’s true it seems. Looks like according to his LinkedIn, Sims is indeed back at GT, to finish his business administration degree, but not on the football team

I feel like even if he gets that degree, he won't be able to hold onto it.

-or-

I bet the first thing he does with that degree is actually throw an interception with it.

I feel like even if he gets that degree, he won't be able to hold onto it.

-or-

I bet the first thing he does with that degree is actually throw an interception with it.
I think he realizes he is not going to be a pro football player and is trying to get a legitimate degree from a great school. I am very proud that he is showing he values a Georgia Tech degree. I don't think it's right to make fun of a Tech student, especially one who is no longer an athlete. I think if we are supportive of him, it would be the right thing for us to do, and he might be able to convince a lot of other young people that staying at a great educational institution is a wiser decision than jumping into the portal when their athletic careers don't go the way they hoped.

I think he realizes he is not going to be a pro football player and is trying to get a legitimate degree from a great school. I am very proud that he is showing he values a Georgia Tech degree. I don't think it's right to make fun of a Tech student, especially one who is no longer an athlete. I think if we are supportive of him, it would be the right thing for us to do, and he might be able to convince a lot of other young people that staying at a great educational institution is a wiser decision than jumping into the portal when their athletic careers don't go the way they hoped.
I have no issue with Sims. He seems to have gotten caught up in NIL and portal mania and appears to have humblized himself.

I have no issue with Sims. He seems to have gotten caught up in NIL and portal mania and appears to have humblized himself.
He could probably make the team as a WR although we seem to be stacked there

1713266808677.gif

(For the record, that reaction is purely for this thread, not Sims. Happy for him to get his degree from Tech since that’s the case, I guess, allegedly, maybe.)

1713266808677.gif

(For the record, that reaction is purely for this thread, not Sims. Happy for him to get his degree from Tech since that’s the case, I guess, allegedly, maybe.)
It appears to me he will get his degree and then go somewhere else to play. Maybe a smaller school somewhere where he can complete his master's.

It appears to me he will get his degree and then go somewhere else to play. Maybe a smaller school somewhere where he can complete his master's.
Can he be enrolled at a school but not expend any eligibility? I guess I've never thought about how that technically works.

Can he be enrolled at a school but not expend any eligibility? I guess I've never thought about how that technically works.
Why would being a student and not on a team count against him?

Your NCAA "clock" starts when you first enroll. You have 5 years to play 4 (or 6 years to play 5 if you were a COVID person, ie the year 2020 didn't count against your 5 to play 4 clcock.) Did he get to redshirt in 22 or 23? if so, he should have 1 year left to play.

Back