Jerrard Tarrant to the League

Louis Young is in the Top 3 of last year's best performing freshmen, imo.

He is fast, agile, and very athletic.

WTF is going on???????

After this post from demjackets:
http://www.stingtalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=723345&postcount=35

I don't really care. Well, maybe it's not that I don't care but more being ready for a "changing of the guards". I'm looking forward to more of the younger guys stepping up for themselves and the team.

I know we've just finished Year #3 but I hope we're all ready for this change.

I hope it's not like bringing Western Style democracy to the Middle East.

"you broke it...now you gotta' fix it"

Finally a ****ing link! It only took ten pages for someone (other than the OP I might add) to confirm it with a source. So now, Tarrant has ANNOUNCED it.

Take some notes TechFan and learn to be humble rather than making yourself look like an even bigger jackass.

eating_crow.jpg

All I want is for the young jackets to defend their home field next year.

Take some notes TechFan and learn to be humble rather than making yourself look like an even bigger jackass.

Yeah Techfan. I'm over hear trying to be humble and you're posting pictures of some snakeman unhinging his jaw to swallow a whole bird.

People these days...

TechFan, please stop posting pictures of someone eating a crow. In a thread where people wrongly accused someone of making a mistake, it makes no sense.

Well word on street is Tarrant is one of those "problem players"

Apparently CPJ had/has a team meeting scheduled to address it.

Basically, along the lines of saying "basically that if you are more interested in playing football to get NFL status up and not for GT, then they dont need to be at GT and need to go".

Kind of a silly statement from PJ in my opinion. How can anyone believe he (or she:cool:ha) can keep Div 1 football players who are getting game time from thinking about their NFL aspirations on a daily basis. Seriously? Look at how much attention we give these guys and how crazy we get over draft announcements each year. Look at the $$$ involved! Isn't college football's version of the minors?

On another note, I was extremely disappointed with our play this year...we didn't look at all like we were playing to win, as a team at least. Perhaps it is for the best - out with the old, and in with the new. I do believe there are many personality conflicts, and PJs recruits will be a better fit, not only for the option but for chemistry on the team.

You don't know who 'Czar is, or do you not know who William Bell is on the cover?!
Try reading the thread. She had classes with players on that team. I think she probably knows who William Bell is.

Between this thread and the obsession with recruits twittering, this board has been completely, full-on stupid lately.

You don't know who 'Czar is, or do you not know who William Bell is on the cover?!

Yes, I know who Bell is. No, I didn't choose the avatar to copy this "BuzzCzar". I chose it b/c I own a real copy of that SI and recognized it. I only had one player in class, and I don't stalk him or any other player. Freaks you out? Geez, some people on here know all the so called "baby daddies" and who their girlfriends are...I couldn't tell you the first thing about any one player's personal life. nvastinger is right...this message board needs to go back to the football discussions. I will go.

It's not about keeping an eye on your nfl status. It is about not giving 100% because you don't want to get hurt. Look at AU this year, they had plenty of nfl players on that team. But none of them were playing timid. They were playing to win, which in turn helps their nfl status.

I hate the title of this thread because Tarrant is not in The League nor is he assured of making it. He has not "gone pro" because he actually has to make it and draw a salary first. There is a good chance he won't make it because his tackling is very suspect.

Freaks you out?
It freaks them out, because they are used to reading czar with that avatar. It's nothing about you.

For any posters suspecting Tarrant, he did get an evaluation of 4th round or later from NFL for this draft, so chances are he will get drafted 5-7th. Claytor got back an evaluation of 5th-7th round. I think their decisions are good business decisions, because they could have had less playing time next year and get worse evaluations. It's a good time to try the draft, since they have few credit hours left to graduate anyway.
I hate the title of this thread because Tarrant is not in The League nor is he assured of making it. He has not "gone pro" because he actually has to make it and draw a salary first. There is a good chance he won't make it because his tackling is very suspect.

Tarrant to the league... the CFL

FWIW, everyone drafted got a contract according to the link below, and the minimum NFL base contract for 2011 is 480k:
http://walterfootball.com/forum/showthread.php?10264-2009-Draft-Signings

I should also add that even after getting drafted you need to survive till after the waivers (looks like about 50% chance from the above link) to get the 480k.

edit: If you are waived, chances are you can still make the practice squad for a minimum 88k pay, and maybe a 6-figure pay. This happened to Vance Walker with Falcons, got drafted in 7th round, waived, and then signed off practice squad when Falcons had injury.

Last edited:
Back