Jerrard Tarrant to the League

I love it when somebody posts news and gets GRILLED on here, only to be proven true shortly thereafter.

Its like we're feeling the growing pains of the coaching change with a 2 year delay. Not a huge concern, but I'd prefer if everyone else is happy to stay at Tech.

Apparently no one learned from Dwyer's mistake. Like Claytor, Tarrant wasn't even a starter at the beginning of the year.

There are apparently a couple of other Jrs who requested evals. Don't know the names off hand.

Tarrant wasnt starting at the beginning of the year until Taylor decided to quit on the team. It seems Tarrant is one of the bad apples. Eyes on the NFL and not on the team.

That's not how I remember it, but you could be right. I thought that Isaiah Johnson took Cooper Taylor's spot.

anybody familar with gsu or navy progams enough to know weather players left those programs as well?

from what i have seen and read... most cpj recruited players stick with him.

maybe what we are seeing is the clash between the chan gailey era and the cpj era.

i would think that once cpj gets all his playersw in place that this will slow down a good bit.

Apparently no one learned from Dwyer's mistake. Like Claytor, Tarrant wasn't even a starter at the beginning of the year.

IMO, Dwyer's mistake was that he didn't impress anyone at the combine, not that he left early. Can't really compare that to Claytor and Tarrant who didn't even get an invite to the combine.

I'm sure both have considered that though. I can't imagine either of them made this decision believing that they are for sure going to be drafted. They have had to know and weighed the risks of declaring early. For reasons I'm sure we can speculate about, they liked the chances of that risk over staying at GT for another year. Oh well, good luck to them.

Wow.........So PAT, how ya serving up that crow that some people need to start chewing on?
No one here needs to eat any crow. A guy with 9 posts (at the time of the original post) who joined less than one month ago who posts inside info on the team has zero credibility.

Jerrard Tarrant has announced his decision

I actually think there is a decent chance that the OP is Jerrard Tarrant. And the original post may, in fact, have been the announcement.

Finally a ****ing link! It only took ten pages for someone (other than the OP I might add) to confirm it with a source. So now, Tarrant has ANNOUNCED it.

Come on, its not a scoop if you just provide a link to a story that someone else already broke.

Also, can you at least state that Tarrant has not PUBLICLY announced it. Your posts have been amazingly inaccurate in this thread.

Come on, its not a scoop if you just provide a link to a story that someone else already broke.

Also, can you at least state that Tarrant has not PUBLICLY announced it. Your posts have been amazingly inaccurate in this thread.

Maybe the announcement was made in a private team meeting and PAT is a coach or player? I literally can't think of any other example of Tarrant announcing his decision to declare for the draft and it not being public knowledge.

And this

A guy with 9 posts (at the time of the original post) who joined less than one month ago who posts inside info on the team has zero credibility.

He didn't even bother to say it was an inside scoop. He just said Tarrant had announced it. When I hear that someone has announced to go to the NFL, am I supposed to assume that they mean he announced it to just his grandmama and best friend?

Yes, I agree, I'm being harsh. Everything just rubbed me the wrong way about his posts in this thread.

I apologize for being kind of a dick. I don't apologize for not believing a poster with zero established credibility and an "agenda" (his words).

EDIT: All that being said, if you can't tell, I was super bored at work today :)

Last edited:
No one here needs to eat any crow. A guy with 9 posts (at the time of the original post) who joined less than one month ago who posts inside info on the team has zero credibility.

Hell, who does have greater than zero credibility on here?

PointAfterTouchdown can't be a Dawg fan. They didn't even try a PointAfterTouchdown in their last game.

anybody familar with gsu or navy progams enough to know weather players left those programs as well?

from what i have seen and read... most cpj recruited players stick with him.

maybe what we are seeing is the clash between the chan gailey era and the cpj era.

i would think that once cpj gets all his playersw in place that this will slow down a good bit.

I doubt many of the gsu players ended up in the league even if they stayed 4 years. If they had the measurables they probably weren't at gsu. That's not to say some the gsu players can't make it in the NFL; but I hope GT has more future NFL players than gsu by a large margin. I also doubt many starters would transfer since they were playing for championships most seasons.

Navy doesn't have many guys jumping to the NFL either; but for a reason I hope I don't need to explain. I don't think Navy players have many options to transfer either; maybe they can transfer to Air Force or Army; but I don't know.

This jumping to the NFL and transfering for various reasons is probably something CPJ hasn't had to deal with for reasons unrelated to him.

He needs to toughen up learn how to tackle if he wants to go to the NFL.

These guys were stars on the team; but not nationally are even standouts in the conference this year. Have they got baby momma issues like one of the 4 reportedly did last year?:dunno: I think both of these guys could benefit from another year; but maybe they'll surprise us all. I hope this decision turns out well for them.

:laugh:

Teams been looking pretty good all week. I've talked to a couple of the guys and they're really excited about the upcoming game. Going to be a really good effort out there. Hopefully, we'll get some good news at some indeterminate time in the future.

If PointAfterTouchdown doesn't explain his or her choice of nickname, especially given the timing of him or her joining StingTalk, by sundown tomorrow, he or she should be banned.

Back