Jerrard Tarrant to the League

I doubt many of the gsu players ended up in the league even if they stayed 4 years. If they had the measurables they probably weren't at gsu. That's not to say some the gsu players can't make it in the NFL; but I hope GT has more future NFL players than gsu by a large margin. I also doubt many starters would transfer since they were playing for championships most seasons.

Navy doesn't have many guys jumping to the NFL either; but for a reason I hope I don't need to explain. I don't think Navy players have many options to transfer either; maybe they can transfer to Air Force or Army; but I don't know.

This jumping to the NFL and transfering for various reasons is probably something CPJ hasn't had to deal with for reasons unrelated to him.

Can't speak for Navy, but I know that PJ had more players go NFL than any other coach when he was at GSU. Mostly defense, if I'm not mistaken. Probably all of them after they put in 4 years.

Can't speak for Navy, but I know that PJ had more players go NFL than any other coach when he was at GSU. Mostly defense, if I'm not mistaken. Probably all of them after they put in 4 years.

Do you know if many went early as juniors? I'm betting this guys leaving early thing is something new for CPJ.

Edit: I need to go to bed, you answered my question before I asked it.

Do you know if many went early as juniors? I'm betting this guys leaving early thing is something new for CPJ.

Edit: I need to go to bed, you answered my question before I asked it.

Maybe 1 or 2, if that. Even if it was all of them, he hasn't had a guy leave early since then. He's surely not used to it, and I think he mentioned as much in the press conference.

Nobody left early for the pros while PJ as GSU.
He had some guys play in the NFL — the original AP, Earthwind Moreland, Kiuwakee Thomas. He had a guy who signed with him and played for Sewak, Chaz Williams, who was in the Packers camp. Broke his ankle, I think, though. Couple of others — Chris Johnson, Arkee Thompson — played in the arena leagues.

Measurables for his PJ's GSU guys? Well, Florida wanted AP, and so did Syracuse. Florida didn't have any schollies left (got a late commit from some 5-star kid) and Syracuse tried to talk to AP on the phone and ... if you ever met AP, you know how truly terrible his stuttering was then. One of the best people you'd ever want to meet, though. Great, great person.
Chaz ran a sub 4.4. So did Earthwind. Kiwaukee was somewhere in the 4.4 range. Greg Hill ran in the low 4.4s. Too bad he only weighed 165 soaking wet.
Mark Myers and Zzream Walden (two more really great kids) ran 4.4 or better. So did Ant Williams, he of the TD punt return in the Vest's last game at Youngstown State.
Arkee was a 4.5 guy with about a 36-38-inch vertical (anybody who saw him play in basketball in high school knows. Played a little a bit at Southern, too. A smaller version of Ismail Muhammad, but with the same speed and hops.). Perhaps not the brightest guy on the planet. But good Lord he was fun to watch play.
Chris Johnson probably ran at best a 4.6, then he broke his ankle. Had been a record-setting QB at Americus, played WR at GSU.

All the best to Jarrard. Not to pee on any former player, but our DB was not particularly strong this year anyway. I'm ready to give the young guys like Johnson, Sweeting, Young, Ayers and Holton a shot. Guys who ought to be itching to get on the field as a starter.

eating_crow.jpg

All the best to Jarrard. Not to pee on any former player, but our DB was not particularly strong this year anyway. I'm ready to give the young guys like Johnson, Sweeting, Young, Ayers and Holton a shot. Guys who ought to be itching to get on the field as a starter.

Don't be surprised if he transfers

Don't be surprised if he transfers

Jesus.

If you'll pardon the expression, it's like rats jumping off a sinking ship.

What the hell!?

I was giving a number of roughly 30-35 players leaving the program this year alone including seniors. Yikes!!!

Back