Jerrard Tarrant to the League

The insider post on the Hive is about as informative as this one. Basically, nothing is official until it is official.

So what you're saying is that there is no announcement? :laugher:

Apologies to the OP. Seems I jumped the gun, and he may know what he's talking about.
But after the Moore/Sims thread, I felt it was justified.

Losing Tarrant kills our PR unit, but I wouldn't doubt he was in trouble to start at safety.
Looks like the Johnson and Holton show is starting next year.

BJ Bostic at PR

Honestly... I've kind of thought JT would have to fight to keep his position in the coming year. To me, he was probably the least impressive of all our DB's last year. He played well in spurts, but got burned a good bit.

Butler was the least impressive of all our DB's. He got burned a lot.

Well word on street is Tarrant is one of those "problem players"

Apparently CPJ had/has a team meeting scheduled to address it.

Basically, along the lines of saying "basically that if you are more interested in playing football to get NFL status up and not for GT, then they dont need to be at GT and need to go".

Ive heard thru insiders (tailgating parents, former dialed in players, etc) that both Tarrant and Claytor were 2 of the players even Nesbitt was mentioned

CPJ isnt gonna announce who or what publicly so its all talk and gossip at this point

If theyre causing problems then adios as far as im concerned.....tarrant's track record isnt necessarily all that IDEAL.....statutory rape accusations stick with ya

As for Nesbitt, im shocked he's one of them ( if he is ) but i wouldnt be shocked if he gets some work and somehow gets a backup QB....i think he'll find work

A lot of his problems were receiver drops, and basically having to change his entire approach to the game. Kinda like a golfer who lays off for a few yrs. He can still swing the clubs fairly well but loses the touch and feel for the short game. Nesbitt was a fantastic drop back passer in HS in a prostyle let it fly offense. He can throw the ball but needs a lot of work. Tebow changed his approach....if hes driven / committed to playin QB on Sundays itll take hard work. He has the ability and tools .... Just needs work, practice, and some refinement

Just my opinion and what ive

Ive heard thru insiders (tailgating parents, former dialed in players, etc) that both Tarrant and Claytor were 2 of the players even Nesbitt was mentioned

If they were some of the problem players, then get the heck out ... please. The team comes first, not you.

If they were some of the problem players, then get the heck out ... please. The team comes first, not you.

I have a hard time thinking of Nesbitt as a problem as hard as he played, and as revered as he was.

Nesbitt wasn't a problem. Kid gave all he had everytime he stepped on the field. I'm not sure you can say that for everyone.

I heard it was off the field locker room stuff. But who knows. Just what i heard. Didnt put a lot of stock in that part

As a fan, I feel like staying out of this. I have no idea what was going on in the locker room, or who was right or wrong, or how much of this is or isn't true.

Glad all of 'em suited up and played as hard as they did. I hope whatever problems there were last year get fixed.

Where's Sweeting in this all talk of next year's DB mix?
I find it hard to believe Nesbitt was one of the clubhouse cancers, of a sort. PJ's never been anything but glowing in talking about the kid, as glowing as PJ can be. And 9 was at Paulson Stadium, in the stands, when PJ was on the field as part of the Georgia Southern Athletics Hall of Fame class of 2010.
I see Nesbitt's future in the NFL as a third-down back or H-back kinda guy, short-yardage guy with good hands who can give an offense a few wrinkles to throw at people. Someone (Belichick?) will give him a look.

Anyone remember his comment....."all I could think about was being on SportsCenter"...while describing his interception in the NC State game???

Didn't like it then and now it seems a little prophetic and insightful into what was in the minds of several players (instead of team goals and team wins).

Tarrant wasnt starting at the beginning of the year until Taylor decided to quit on the team. It seems Tarrant is one of the bad apples. Eyes on the NFL and not on the team.

Was there ever a credible story on what the "injury" that Tarrant suffered in the bowl game that kept him from returning punts?

Wow.........So PAT, how ya serving up that crow that some people need to start chewing on?

Was there ever a credible story on what the "injury" that Tarrant suffered in the bowl game that kept him from returning punts?

I seem to recall an AJC article that called it a hip pointer.

JRjr

Back