Jim from Auburn

grantfield82

Flats Noob
Someone asked why don’t we trim back on the athletes to make more room for OL? I don’t know that I’ve ever heard CPJ answer this but I know the answer for most coaches is because backup lineman can only play one special team and that’s field goal/XP. “Athletes” can play all special teams and your preference is to not have to use starters unless it’s just absolutely necessary. CPJ also likes to redshirt st least half the class. So now you are down to about 70 players....considering you need about 22 special teams guys including OL, short snapper, long snapper, kicker, punter for field goals, you are now down to about 53 players. Those make up your 2 deep: 10 OL, 8 DL, 8 LB, 4QB, 6 AB, 5 WR, 10 DB, backup kicker, punter and snapper.

Are we short of 85 most years? Yes, should those extra spots go to OL? Potentially but you really only get 3 or 4 extra and you have a lot of places injury can occur to give them all to guys who can’t play many positions. Athletes down the depth chart move positions all the time including sides of the ball. OL are not fast enough for any other position.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Someone asked why don’t we trim back on the athletes to make more room for OL? I don’t know that I’ve ever heard CPJ answer this but I know the answer for most coaches is because backup lineman can only play one special team and that’s field goal/XP. “Athletes” can play all special teams and your preference is to not have to use starters unless it’s just absolutely necessary. CPJ also likes to redshirt st least half the class. So now you are down to about 70 players....considering you need about 22 special teams guys including OL, short snapper, long snapper, kicker, punter for field goals, you are now down to about 53 players. Those make up your 2 deep: 10 OL, 8 DL, 8 LB, 4QB, 6 AB, 5 WR, 10 DB, backup kicker, punter and snapper.

Are we short of 85 most years? Yes, should those extra spots go to OL? Potentially but you really only get 3 or 4 extra and you have a lot of places injury can occur to give them all to guys who can’t play many positions. Athletes down the depth chart move positions all the time including sides of the ball. OL are not fast enough for any other position.
3-4 extra o-linemen would go a long way for us with the depth issues.

beej67

new around here
Recruit more lineman and fewer “athletes.”

We never have problems fielding receivers, a-backs, b-backs or even qb. We took an a-back to play qb this year. Maybe shift some of this depth to the o-line recruitment.
Uhh, 2015?

User 8976

User account deleted
let me make one thing perfectly clear- the best cut line from a radio show was when CPJ said

“Jim can eat a sack lunch off of my taint”

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
The answer is OL sucks because we cant recruit big bad öööööööööööös on a consistent basis and Sewak sucks trojan horse cock. And the two serviceable linemen we got go down to injuries. That's why we always need a superman QB who can run for his life, pass accurately or dash for 20 yards at 2 seconds when our öööö wr corps cant get open. Or a tank qb who goes in and gets 3 yards after contact. Our offensive line has been consistently bad for the past 10 years with the exception of a few studs who basically helped make our good years.

18in32

Petard Hoister
The answer is OL sucks because we cant recruit big bad öööööööööööös on a consistent basis and Sewak sucks trojan horse cock. And the two serviceable linemen we got go down to injuries. That's why we always need a superman QB who can run for his life, pass accurately or dash for 20 yards at 2 seconds when our öööö wr corps cant get open. Or a tank qb who goes in and gets 3 yards after contact. Our offensive line has been consistently bad for the past 10 years with the exception of a few studs who basically helped make our good years.
Who's making all those blocks that helped us rush for more yards over the past decade than any other college team?

MEwreck02

Russian Hacker/Biologist
This sounds like every year/coach in Tech football since they left the SEC

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
But if Sewak sux so bad year after year and is still being kept on the staff in the role he has....is that his fault?

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Sooooo....maybe Jim from Auburn isn’t our problem and instead shined a light on the problem.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
What will Jim have up his sleeve tonight?

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
No live show tonight. "Power outage." No call ins.

Is there a not-so-hidden message there?

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
I suspect Paul Johnson blew up the transformer because he didn't want to talk to Jim tonight