Jim from Auburn

Recruit more lineman and fewer “athletes.”

We never have problems fielding receivers, a-backs, b-backs or even qb. We took an a-back to play qb this year. Maybe shift some of this depth to the o-line recruitment.

Every week, every single week, it is the same reasons, the same problems, the same “missed assignments” with detailed (appreciate that) arguement. Every week - missed assignments.

Well coach, if it is missed assignments every damn week you get -

Different players in the game

A less complicated system for the players you have recruited

Different coaches who can accomplish what you want done.
Kinda agree. I would be curious to know what CPJ does to change his own teaching methods when it seems that guys are not absorbing things he thinks he's taught...

Recruit more lineman and fewer “athletes.”

We never have problems fielding receivers, a-backs, b-backs or even qb. We took an a-back to play qb this year. Maybe shift some of this depth to the o-line recruitment.

2015?

What about the year when Godhigh was our only real AB threat?

Outside of Jeune do we have any WR capable of catching and making a play?

2015?

Re: wide receivers - I have no idea since we hardly look their direction

Even in what you are identifying as lean years for a-back I don’t recall them being that bad. The 3 win team was a disaster all around.

The consistent theme is that we lack line depth.

Jim from Auburn here.
To answer a couple of questions raised.
I consider myself an avid GT fan - 32 years of season FB tickets and a season BB ticket holder.
I do donate to the program but am not a major donor.
I Never call out a student athlete publically.
I am frustrated that we do not use all our scholarlships - we had 79 prior to awarding 4 walkons this summer.
It is like we self impose NCAA sanctions and it does not make sense to me.
I try to be respectful to all the coaches. Sorry I came across less than respectful Monday evening.

Go Jackets!!!

Good evening,

Thanks, Jim, for your support of GT. I've enjoyed many of the questions you've asked over time, just felt like things had took a turn for the negative and overly critical lately. But I'm sure if I called every week I would tick off some people sometimes too. Glad to hear you actually like our coaches.

Just wanted to share that comment, I'll hang up and listen

Last edited:
i have similar stats but i don’t need to call the coach every öööö monday and öööö. Jim is an öööö and should just shut the öööö up. Nobody gives a öööö about his öööö opinion.
You have your way of doing things; he has his. But I can assure you, we most definitely need more people like Jim from Auburn as fans.

If we had more of them, the only seats that would be available for purchasing by UGAg fans for the Tech/Ga game would be some nosebleeds in the upper end zone.

Jim is the fan nobody wants. Maybe he should try the bulldog call-in show or something.
Was he born an asshole or did he work at it his whole life? Either way it worked out fine- he was an asshole monday night.
He must be double E

I wish more fans would call the CPJ and CJP call in shows with their questions, concerns and ideas - even ole
MuTT hurT.

I think my biggest pet peeve about the call-in show (@THWG2 and others included) is that callers often seem unmindful of coach-speak — the euphemisms and parries and techniques that CPJ (and other coaches) use to avoid giving their deepest, truest thoughts on a topic. Things like IIWII and 'assignments' and so forth end up sounding like we're listening to a replay of previous post-loss shows. You've got to craft your questions to get around those cliches.

I want to hear what CPJ will do *differently* to try to solve the problems that losses identify. Sometimes you get the feeling — though I know this isn't true — that CPJ is an old coach who's had a lot of success, and that success has bred a sense of achievement that's in tension with the desperation needed to make changes.

Sometimes when we play a really good team, his perspective is: if he doesn't get the really bad-ass 'cats' in recruiting, 'his uns just ain't gonna beat their uns'. I know CPJ will change things schematically; he's shown that plenty of times. But how will he teach block assignments differently? How will he argue with the administration over exceptions differently? How will he motivate kids to play their best if they're lacking in self-motivation? Sometimes you get the feeling that he agrees with Dave Braine... there's only so much even a coaching genius like him can do if the players gotta take calculus and major in something hard like management.

Just listened to the replay. CPJ gave a pretty good beatdown on Jim, so I think the exchange provided a good opportunity for the coach to respond to some thoughts that a lot of fans probably have. I didn't like the tone of the question, but I think CPJ handled it with a complete and logical response.
CPJ gameplanning for the call in show? Jim zigged and CPJ delivered the chop.

2015?

I hope to God Dolphus learns to use his size against the opposition. He looks huge out there compared to corners. True Freshman. I hope he works hard and becomes the next good WR.

muTT hurT I will be in Virginia for a few days after the game or I would look you up. bub.

Agreed. The question’s tone and implications were absurd. When I heard the question I was expecting a curt middle finger reply, which it deserved. But CPJ gave a thoughtful öööö you.

Could one say CPJ is like Tenuta on Valium?

Back