Jimbo to TA&M

That's incredible. He gets a clean slate and enough money for his grandchildren to never have to work.
He’s long since had that. Depending on your standards I guess. And depending on the estate repeal.

Doesn't Saban have a contract that guarantees he is the highest paid coach in America?

Is he higher than this now?

tenor.gif

The important thing to remember kids is that giving college athletes a stipend would be a financial hardship on schools.

“Most schools” don’t even have football teams.

But in the P5 world, everyone of them had over $40Million in Revenue in 2014, with most far above that.
And even with that, many operate in the red.

Right, because they sign $7.5M/year contracts to a single coach and build $15M jumobtrons and $55M athlete complexes.

There is no reason not to run in the red when you can just use it to justify increasing grad athletic fees or another round of donations.

If P5 schools wanted to find money to pay students a monthly stipend, they could very easily do so.

Right, because they sign $7.5M/year contracts to a single coach and build $15M jumobtrons and $55M athlete complexes.

There is no reason not to run in the red when you can just use it to justify increasing grad athletic fees or another round of donations.

If P5 schools wanted to find money to pay students a monthly stipend, they could very easily do so.
It should be the NCAA who pays the players. Each school has to pay in to the NCAA and they pay out to the players.

“Most schools” don’t even have football teams.

But in the P5 world, everyone of them had over $40Million in Revenue in 2014, with most far above that.
Hold two thoughts in your head at one time: "non-revenue sports" & "Title IX" — what do you think they mean to each other? That every female softball player should get $10k/year in cash because I like football? Doesn't make sense to me. They already get free tuition, free food, free lodging, free coaching and travel and uniforms to play a sport they love that attracts few fans. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

This is not true. Or at least, the revenue sports are hugely in the black in all P5 schools. What makes them operate in the red is Title IX. You and I and other fans of the sport subsidize all the non-revenue sports.

Doesn't Saban have a contract that guarantees he is the highest paid coach in America?

Is he higher than this now?

Les Miles had that in his contract at LSU but they didn’t honor it once salaries got out of control.

Back