Johnson to retire

No, that article doesn't make sense. We're not a more attractive opening because we're "in the ACC Coastal opposite Clemson" – in fact, that's one of the drawbacks. We're the only Coastal team that has to play them every year, which means winning an ACC championship potentially means having to beat Clemson twice every year. The other Atlantic teams only have to beat them once a year.

No, that article doesn't make sense. We're not a more attractive opening because we're "in the ACC Coastal opposite Clemson" – in fact, that's one of the drawbacks. We're the only Coastal team that has to play them every year, which means winning an ACC championship potentially means having to beat Clemson twice every year. The other Atlantic teams only have to beat them once a year.

We’re Georgia Tech! We can do (have done) that!

Hey, total number of NFL starts by Paul Johnson quarterbacks in 11 years? You seem to like that stat.

How many Orange Bowls would we win with Marshall at QB? The play you have at QB matters when it comes to your results. In college, at least you get to recruit and groom those guys, so there's not really much excuse when your handpicked guy doesn't perform.

The Steelers gave Whisenhunt Roethlisberger and he was successful.

We're probably getting Military Bowl now because that would be poetic
And since Navy won't be going to a bowl, they will all be there to support him.

And then after the game, Ken Niumatlololllololol walks out to midfield and drops a deuce on it then comes over to the GT sideline, rips off his navy sweatshirt to reveal a sweet ass Adidas GT sweatshirt underneath, and is carried off the field on the shoulders of his new team.

Stansbury didn’t make a football hire at Oregon St, did he?

Can you list off the coaches who regularly win with bad quarterbacks?

These NFL hires don't generally do well in college to begin with. Besides Gailey, there is Lovie Smith, Dave Wannstedt and Charlie Weis.

With USC keeping Helton and UNC being completely stupid hiring Mack Brown, this is the best possible situation to hire an HC. A successful G5 coach is infinitely better than an NFL retread, regardless of the reasons.

The Clemson message board seems mostly sad about losing an annual victory and now possibly having to compete with another HC for GA recruits.

Clemson fans must have short memories. Looks to me like Johnson beat them 5 times in 11 years (including the ACCCG), and it was really on their ascension under Dabo that changed their fortunes.

JRjr

Clemson fans must have short memories. Looks to me like Johnson beat them 5 times in 11 years (including the ACCCG), and it was really on their ascension under Dabo that changed their fortunes.

JRjr

Not since 2014 have we been competitive with Clemson and then it was only due to Clemson pulling some redneck out of the stands to play QB.

These NFL hires don't generally do well in college to begin with. Besides Gailey, there is Lovie Smith, Dave Wannstedt and Charlie Weis.

With USC keeping Helton and UNC being completely stupid hiring Mack Brown, this is the best possible situation to hire an HC. A successful G5 coach is infinitely better than an NFL retread, regardless of the reasons.

Pretty much agree. We're in a great position right now, and I'd much rather us take our shot with guys who are proven at the college level, or even hot shot assistants, before resorting to the NFL. My defense of Whisenhunt is more about IF we aren't able to land a promising college coach. I'd be disappointed if we zeroed in on Whiz.

My biggest fears are that we either marry ourselves to the idea of a Tech alum or the TO. We should be going after the biggest names possible.

Back