Jordan Mason Update

Georgia Tech players continue to be undervalued by the NFL.

Jordan has done an outstanding job with the 49ers. If he does not make the roster out of camp, I think he will be the first injury replacement, and rb's always get hurt.

Jordan has done an outstanding job with the 49ers. If he does not make the roster out of camp, I think he will be the first injury replacement, and rb's always get hurt.
He's on my radar as a mid-season waiver guy for fantasy this year.

He may not make the 53 man roster, but surely he'll be on the practice squad. I'd assume from there he'd be one of the top RB options to poach once the annual war of attrition begins.

Jamarcus Russell getting drafted ahead of Calvin Freaking Johnson still pisses me off. It should piss off the Raiders fans too.

didn’t they follow that up with Heyward-bey top 5 a few years later? Like a 3rd-4th round grader who they coveted because of his speed? Clowns.

I don't think I'd go that far
Why? So many drafted flameouts who do nothing and our guys are always impressing in the practice squads it feels like. But they don’t have the leverage of being signed from the draft to work in their favor. Not enough alum networks in the agent ranks. It’s all so tiresome in sports these days.

He got in during the 49ers last drive of the game. Got a handful of carries. He was in at tailback in an I set

He got in during the 49ers last drive of the game. Got a handful of carries. He was in at tailback in an I set
Six carries for 30 yards. Not bad.

But there was another Jordan in that game who was bad. Jordan Love. Threw three pickles. He's a bust. Worst. Draft Pick. Eveh!

Six carries for 30 yards. Not bad.

But there was another Jordan in that game who was bad. Jordan Love. Threw three pickles. He's a bust. Worst. Draft Pick. Eveh!
It will be hard to take that title from the two tied at the top JaMarcus Russell and Isaiah Wilson.

Why? So many drafted flameouts who do nothing and our guys are always impressing in the practice squads it feels like. But they don’t have the leverage of being signed from the draft to work in their favor. Not enough alum networks in the agent ranks. It’s all so tiresome in sports these days.

It’s hard to argue that Tech guys haven’t been given a fair shake over the last 10 years. There’s a reason GOL and CCG put more guys in the NFL, and it didn’t have anything to do with the fact they went to Tech. Being all-conference multiple times helped. We haven’t been a mainstay in conference accolades in a long, long, time.

It will be hard to take that title from the two tied at the top JaMarcus Russell and Isaiah Wilson.
I did consider those guys - especially Russell.

But the thing that pushes the Love draft pick over the top for me was that they already had a two time (soon to be four time) NFL MVP, Super Bowl Champion, and eventual first ballot HOF QB on their roster and they had several other needs. Plus, I think a lot of folks had Russell as the top pick in 2007, even though we all know it should have been Megatron. I don't remember too many folks thinking Jordan Love was a first round pick.

Anyway, Tyler Huntley has turned out better than Jordan Love, and he was picked up as an UDFA by the Ravens. Having watched them both play in college in Utah, this surprises me exactly zero.

Back