Juanyeh gone…

Keyser Soze

Likes Staff's Member
He had a good kick off return in his career but that’s all I remember. I’m sure he’ll make a capable backup somewhere

clapper

Dodd-Like
All of you that öööö on our student athletes can go öööö yourselves. These men gave us everything. More than most of us could ever attempt. Juanyeh gave us some some moments we should appreciate. As did Gibbs and JP. Even the underclassmen balled out. So did CPJ’s classes that even get crapped on by the current staff. They are Tech men and we should be thanking them for their efforts no matter the outcome. They aren’t the ones failing Georgia Tech.

TechAKnee

Flats Noob
Good kid and was a leader on the team. Unfortunately I think he’ll be a name that disappears relatively quickly. I don’t see him making a large impact on another team, nor getting more playing time then he got here. I hope he gets to play with his brother and get his masters in the process.

OptionJacket

Damn Good Rat
Juanyeh is the one leaving yet GT is being blamed? We gave him free admission and a free education and then brought his older brother to do the same. That he or his family would ever say anything negative towards GT is just unbelievable. Talk about lack of grace. But that’s why I have always said I root for the name on the front of the jersey and not the name on the back. For every Roddy Jones or Zack Laskey who “get it” about education and life there are probably dozens of players who feel mistreated by people who owe them nothing. All this talk about the players being upset about the crowd last Saturday, to them I say boo freaking hoo. These are the same types who will be screaming at the coach and refs when their little Jr. Is playing peewee football at 6 years old. The most upset folks about this are the other ACC coaches.

The Jacket

The Coat
All I'm seeing from the words of both the fans and the players/family in question is a lack of empathy and perspective. If you're a fan and you're talking öööö about a player who gave his all for the team and is now upset because an important coach and apparent father figure in his life has been terminated - wrongfully, in his opinion - then you're behaving like a douchebag. This is the most critical stage of these players lives and it is when they will determine their future, and in many ways is the culmination of a lifetime of hard work and commitment. Of course they have strong feelings on the people involved in it and they have the right to express that.

Meanwhile Juanyeh and his mother are chastising the fan base which supports the program financially and with years of personal and emotional investment, in many or most cases unconditionally throughout decades of highs and increasingly common lows. A fan base which only really has one or two legitimate means of making their voice heard to the powers that be. There are very few schools or fan bases of any kind in this country which pack the house regardless of the team's record or quality of play, and those very few earned that with long eras of excellence and success. No such school exists in the state of Georgia, regardless of whatever the morons on CBS and the SEC Network might tell you. Fans do not just show up and spend their money and scream themselves raw because you personally are doing your best, the picture is bigger than you and the football program has failed them, not the other way around.

I'll be glad when this whole nightmare is over, but at this rate the circus tent seems to have sunk its poles deep enough to run for at least another year.

JollyGoodFellow90GT#1

Varsity Lurker
All of you that öööö on our student athletes can go öööö yourselves. These men gave us everything. More than most of us could ever attempt. Juanyeh gave us some some moments we should appreciate. As did Gibbs and JP. Even the underclassmen balled out. So did CPJ’s classes that even get crapped on by the current staff. They are Tech men and we should be thanking them for their efforts no matter the outcome. They aren’t the ones failing Georgia Tech.
AMEN, BROTHER!

GO JACKETS!

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
Remember when GT could score on uga? Juanyeh remembers.

No I do not. In fact, I believe that return represented our only points in that game until garbage time against 3rd string late in the 4th.

Honestly, we haven't really been able to score on Georgia since we beat them in 2016. We've nearly been shut out that past 4 games (2 Johnson, 2 Collins) outside of some garbage time points.

..... but I really don't want to get into all of that. I'd rather just embrace the current dumpster fire that is Yellow Jacket foozball.

Jacketeer

Flats Noob
Don't understand the vitriol, I like Juanyeh a lot. He was a good player for us and a good talent who was unfortunately wasted by poor coaching. Still, he was far from the issue this year and had a solid career. Best of luck Juanyeh!!