Justin Thomas commits to GT

Quincy Carter says hello. So does Demarious Bilbo.

Wow, I didn't realize Quincy Carter was at one time a GT commit--before my time as a GT fan. What a dodge, he sucked.

Wow, I didn't realize Quincy Carter was at one time a GT commit--before my time as a GT fan. What a dodge, he sucked.

That's where the famous O'Leary, "We'll win with you or without", quote came from.

At a high level, his story was like this...

Commit to Tech
Fail at minor league baseball
Switch commitment to UGA

That's where the famous O'Leary, "We'll win with you or without", quote came from.

At a high level, his story was like this...

Commit to Tech
Fail at minor league baseball
Switch commitment to UGA

Why didn't he go back to GT? O'Leary wouldn't let him back?

Is it also where "Quitsy" came from, or was that based on his play?

Thomas may be fast, but I saw one report he's only 5' 11" and 185. Comparisons to Little Joe aside, is that the size you would want in the prototypical 3O QB?

O'Leary would have honored the scholarship, even with Joe Hamilton here. Carter was basically offered the starting QB role at UGA--he would have to fight for it at GT.
It is where "Quitsy" came from, but I think the Dawg fans ended up adopting it.

He was interviewed on the radio a few weeks ago and said he went to UGA because Joe Ham was here (he didn't want to compete).

I always thought Quitsy came from this situation.

Quincy Carter was the highest rated recruit ever in the history of GT football. Even higher than Calvin. Donnie Davis was up there too. Quincy signed a deal with the Cubs and after two years of failure wanted to come back and play college football.

O'Leary told him he'd start out backing up Joe Hamilton and he asked for a release. O'Leary would grant it to any team not on our schedule. Quincy appealed to the NCAA and won, and went to UGA.

The rest is history. Quincy Carter was UGA's version of Reggie Ball.

No he won't, he'll just score again on the following play and celebrate on the way again. Refs will eventually get tired of throwing the flag and all the running back and forth. It will be known as the Justin Thomas exception to the rule.

With his speed, he can score before he crosses the goal line.

Here is what Tom Lemming had to say about Justin...
"Tom Lemming: Along with Ron Darby he ranks as one of the two fastest players in the country. A QB in high school, he reminds me of Pat White, a great ballhandler with decent arm strength but who shows incredible running skills. In the right program, he could be a difference maker at QB if not put at WR or CB, and watch him run.
He ran a laser time of 4.3 in the 40 and on film proves to be one of the more explosive ball players in the state. A Pat White type of QB, he's a decent passer and a great runner."

I've been saying we need a "Pat White" since PJ got here.

Good stuff.

Thomas may be fast, but I saw one report he's only 5' 11" and 185. Comparisons to Little Joe aside, is that the size you would want in the prototypical 3O QB?

Russell Wilson is the same height, and only 15 pounds heavier. This kid is a high schooler, and probably still growing.

I am not sure any of us know what the prototypical 3O QB is. We have seen the bruiser in Nesbitt, I am ready to see more of a Pat White elusive fellow before I make a determination.

I am not sure any of us know what the prototypical 3O QB is. We have seen the bruiser in Nesbitt, I am ready to see more of a Pat White elusive fellow before I make a determination.

Michael Bishop if any of you remember him at K St? I think he's what we are looking for.

According to the crack staff at the AJC, FSU is now recruiting Thomas strictly as a QB and sent a coach to his school today.

I guess the timing was just a huge coincidence.

:rolleyes:

This and the Kallon commit are really good signs for the future of GT football. I wonder what those people saying CPJ can't recruit are thinking right now?

Quincy Carter was the highest rated recruit ever in the history of GT football. Even higher than Calvin. Donnie Davis was up there too. Quincy signed a deal with the Cubs and after two years of failure wanted to come back and play college football.

O'Leary told him he'd start out backing up Joe Hamilton and he asked for a release. O'Leary would grant it to any team not on our schedule. Quincy appealed to the NCAA and won, and went to UGA.

The rest is history. Quincy Carter was UGA's version of Reggie Ball.

I'll give Quincy credit.....he did a pretty good job washing my car a couple of weeks ago.

This and the Kallon commit are really good signs for the future of GT football. I wonder what those people saying CPJ can't recruit are thinking right now?

GT needs players like them in bulk. Every year preferably. A good player here and a good player there won't get it done if we want Tech to contend for championships.

Back