Justin Thomas commits to GT

Justin Thomas will never reach Vad levels of hype. I think Vad will go down in history as the GT player who was most hyped before he even played. I-Perfection Harris's record was smashed.

If he truly were a Pat White or Denard Robinson clone why wouldn't Alabama give him a shot at QB?

They don't run the spread. They're looking for white drop back passers with a fratdo.

See?

McCarren
4017028.jpeg

McElroy
2006596.jpeg

Wilson
2006600.jpeg

If he truly were a Pat White or Denard Robinson clone why wouldn't Alabama give him a shot at QB?

From article in AJC, Justin's dad was quoted as saying Bama was going to give him a shot at QB. They truly believed NS too. They praised him for how he handled all this. They just felt like GT's system was a better fit for his talents. I'm sure this has been something going on for some time. We've been recruiting him for years. We never stopped recruiting him. CPJ made an in home last week.

I've seen the talk on here that he decommitted from Bama because they wouldn't give him a shot at QB. Don't believe that to be the case at all.

He'll have to learn to hold the celebrations until after crossing the endzone during his college years.

No he won't, he'll just score again on the following play and celebrate on the way again. Refs will eventually get tired of throwing the flag and all the running back and forth. It will be known as the Justin Thomas exception to the rule.

Heck, Pat White played high school in Alabama and excelled. The only reason he went to West-Va was that Bama didn't have any interest in him.

Wow, good get. Hopefully he sticks with us. He knows the QB competition is definitely up for grabs.

Think this affects that defensive recruit's (Tomlinson?) decision between Alabama and Tech? I know they're on different sides of the ball, but I'm just curious what y'all think.

He's a good runner for sure, but I saw lots of wobbly passes in that video. Reminiscent of someone else we know.

Think this affects that defensive recruit's (Tomlinson?) decision between Alabama and Tech? I know they're on different sides of the ball, but I'm just curious what y'all think.

I see no reason why that would affect Tomlinson's decision.

And I agree GTTerrific - I don't think it was that Bama wasn't going to give him a shot at QB, it's just that their offense would not highlight his strengths and probably highlight his weaknesses. This offense would highlight his strengths.

In other words, there's a reason why Alabama was going to give him a shot at QB while GT recruited him as a QB.

And I agree GTTerrific - I don't think it was that Bama wasn't going to give him a shot at QB, it's just that their offense would not highlight his strengths and probably highlight his weaknesses. This offense would highlight his strengths.

In other words, there's a reason why Alabama was going to give him a shot at QB while GT recruited him as a QB.

I could be wrong, but I recall reading Tomlinson is waiting for a Bama offer. It's one of those, if they offer, I'll commit kinda things. So, does Thomas de-committing open up an offer from Bama?

I wanna say that was from a few weeks ago though.

I could be wrong, but I recall reading Tomlinson is waiting for a Bama offer. It's one of those, if they offer, I'll commit kinda things. So, does Thomas de-committing open up an offer from Bama?

I wanna say that was from a few weeks ago though.

They are still probably about 6 schollies in the hole.. I doubt they really cared if they actually had a scholly available before they made an offer

He could've also reconsidered after seeing the Sims kid get a shot at QB earlier this year.

Sims was a more highly rated(sic) QB prospect and most likely will end up at WR. Thomas' size could've gotten him over-signed out eventually if he didn't develop quickly enough.

Justin Thomas will never reach Vad levels of hype. I think Vad will go down in history as the GT player who was most hyped before he even played. I-Perfection Harris's record was smashed.

Quincy Carter says hello. So does Demarious Bilbo.

Back