Justin Thomas commits to GT

It could be that the only reason we even got Thomas to commit was because the coaches told him Vad will be gone.

Just mindless speculation. I know nothing.

Or that Bama told him no to QB.

Probably slim since early enrollment is a month away

Does anyone know whether or not he's even been to campus yet?

With him having been a Bama commit for over a year I wouldn't think so.

Don't worry, Suzy. I'll hold you next time I say something you might not like.

good.. it was getting heavy holding it myself..

btw.. anyone think RG3 winning the heisman actually helped us with recruiting? academic school with a dual threat qb wins heisman? couldnt have hurt

Did we also offer #4?

This! Good night, that kid can run, too! And he can catch the ball. How about we recruit some WR's who don't block, but are fast and can snag a ball just for when we want/need to play pitch and catch.

This! Good night, that kid can run, too! And he can catch the ball. How about we recruit some WR's who don't block, but are fast and can snag a ball just for when we want/need to play pitch and catch.

Even the NFL requires its receivers to block.

btw.. anyone think RG3 winning the heisman actually helped us with recruiting? academic school with a dual threat qb wins heisman? couldnt have hurt

I think it does. And I might get flamed for this, but Tim Tebow's success I think also helps GT. Seeing someone who is not the prototypical pocket passer succeed on Sundays by occasionally running the option might convince some athletic high school QB's that would otherwise get pushed to another position to try to stick it out at a place like Tech.

I think it does. And I might get flamed for this, but Tim Tebow's success I think also helps GT. Seeing someone who is not the prototypical pocket passer succeed on Sundays by occasionally running the option might convince some athletic high school QB's that would otherwise get pushed to another position to try to stick it out at a place like Tech.

Yes. Trends run in cycles. What a great time to be running the TO offense! CPJ, do what you do!

It's one of the main reasons I root for Tebow and the option in general at the NFL level.

Here is what Tom Lemming had to say about Justin...
"Tom Lemming: Along with Ron Darby he ranks as one of the two fastest players in the country. A QB in high school, he reminds me of Pat White, a great ballhandler with decent arm strength but who shows incredible running skills. In the right program, he could be a difference maker at QB if not put at WR or CB, and watch him run.
He ran a laser time of 4.3 in the 40 and on film proves to be one of the more explosive ball players in the state. A Pat White type of QB, he's a decent passer and a great runner."

It's one of the main reasons I root for Tebow and the option in general at the NFL level.

I'm going to have to say this in invisible ink because I don't want the wrong people to read it:

As much as I'd hate to see him leave, I'd love to see CPJ run the option in the NFL.

The "They want to go pro" QB argument can be flipped on its head easily. It's forward-looking at the next level. What about the previous level? It's no secret that there are a lot of high schools in Georgia that run the option specifically because of CPJ's time at GSU. These are QBs who're often asked to switch positions in college, and we can give them the shot at QB they want. I expect to see more players of Vad/Thomas caliber coming to play for CPJ.

There's also a plethora of less-than-supersized OLs out there in the 6'4"/280 range that would work for us.

Where I'm shocked we're not doing better is at B-back. A reliable B-back for us gets to be the feature man and would likely break some rushing records if he started young (and it appears wide open). I really thought we'd have a hard time with A-backs, but we're doing great there. I thought we'd have a superstar sign at B-back by now, and it hasn't happened. /headscratch

The "They want to go pro" QB argument can be flipped on its head easily. It's forward-looking at the next level. What about the previous level? It's no secret that there are a lot of high schools in Georgia that run the option specifically because of CPJ's time at GSU. These are QBs who're often asked to switch positions in college, and we can give them the shot at QB they want. I expect to see more players of Vad/Thomas caliber coming to play for CPJ.

There's also a plethora of less-than-supersized OLs out there in the 6'4"/280 range that would work for us.

Where I'm shocked we're not doing better is at B-back. A reliable B-back for us gets to be the feature man and would likely break some rushing records if we started young. I really thought we'd have a hard time with A-backs, but we're doing great there. I thought we'd have a superstar sign at B-back by now, and it hasn't happened. /headscratch

Wonder if Bill Curry is considering the TO after GSU's abysmal performance this year :turbonoes:

Where I'm shocked we're not doing better is at B-back. A reliable B-back for us gets to be the feature man and would likely break some rushing records if he started young (and it appears wide open). I really thought we'd have a hard time with A-backs, but we're doing great there. I thought we'd have a superstar sign at B-back by now, and it hasn't happened. /headscratch

well perkins was one of the best backs in the state but so far he hasnt seemed to pan out.. maybe he'll break out

Great points. If CPJ runs a "high school offense", there should be a huge pool to draw from, right?

Back