Keith Marshall's Brother

Over a uniform thread? **** you.

896d1374853950-georgia-state-goes-nike-uniforms-51pbcg-nsxl._sx300_.jpg

I hope we will not oversign speculatively, where all signees are not guaranteed to have a spot. That is wrong and we should not do it. We won 11 and beat UGA without doing it.

I know that I would prefer to have 87 now and then 85 when the new class come in over having 85 now and then 83 at the beginning of the season. And then, giving 2 scholarships to ööööing walk ons.

Finally! We are planning for attrition that we have the ability to find! All it takes is bringing in all your guys before signing day and asking them what there plans are for their future. I have complained about this for years.

Another reason CPJ is continually improving....

I hope we will not oversign speculatively, where all signees are not guaranteed to have a spot. That is wrong and we should not do it. We won 11 and beat UGA without doing it.

Google "Paul Johnson Oversigning".

He has stated multiple times that he is against it. Why would he suddenly start speculatively oversigning?

I know that I would prefer to have 87 now and then 85 when the new class come in over having 85 now and then 83 at the beginning of the season. And then, giving 2 scholarships to ööööing walk ons.

Finally! We are planning for attrition that we have the ability to find! All it takes is bringing in all your guys before signing day and asking them what there plans are for their future. I have complained about this for years.

Another reason CPJ continually is improving....

We plan to stop tutoring a couple of players to make room.

Google "Paul Johnson Oversigning".

He has stated multiple times that he is against it. Why would he suddenly start speculatively oversigning?

Because he's adapting to 2015. Once upon a time, he also said he'd never hire a STs coach or give a kicker a scholarship. Or he was very much opposed to it.

I'm not saying he's going to go all Saban (nor should he). But I think he now has a firm grasp of how GT works, how our roster is prone to turnover from year to year and the type of kids we need to bring in that buy into the "team" culture we have and aren't going to rock the boat in the locker room...and can play a little football.

You can adapt without taking an extreme angle on one side of the argument or the other. PJ is a very intelligent guy and he's "gotten it" as far as the GT way...it takes some time to do here. But I think he's finally there and we're about to take off.

I'm pretty sure paying a kid's tuition out of pocket is a NCAA violation, lol.

I think that "oversigning" because you already know someone's graduating and freeing a spot is a very different thing than oversigning and then running guys out of town, or oversigning and then telling a kid to greyshirt once he gets on campus.

What's dirty is not "being over 85 on paper," it's failing to live up to your obligations as a school.

Before any of y'all have a heart attack, read bj's post and comprehend it. We have a few RSrs that will be graduating and will not be cracking the two deep. If your idea of a moral failure is not paying for grad school as a matter of course, then yes, for you we might over sign and coach may get hit by lightning for it. So don't sit too close to him at the Edge next week.

Because he's adapting to 2015. Once upon a time, he also said he'd never hire a STs coach or give a kicker a scholarship. Or he was very much opposed to it.

I'm not saying he's going to go all Saban (nor should he). But I think he now has a firm grasp of how GT works, how our roster is prone to turnover from year to year and the type of kids we need to bring in that buy into the "team" culture we have and aren't going to rock the boat in the locker room...and can play a little football.

You can adapt without taking an extreme angle on one side of the argument or the other. PJ is a very intelligent guy and he's "gotten it" as far as the GT way...it takes some time to do here. But I think he's finally there and we're about to take off.

You're not describing oversigning. You're just describing good team management.

You're not describing oversigning. You're just describing good team management.

Fair. Not trying to argue semantics. I do agree his "management" skills have improved and he's applying them accordingly. You can see that in recruiting and the guys who were dismissed prior to the 2014 season. He's creating a culture and it's a beautiful thing in its current state.

Back