Kelly is our next DC

Dont good defenses get the Qb out of sync? Yes, Im a little bias towards Coach Kelly, but I saw a D that played with attitude, was more physical vs. blue chip athletes and was fundamentally sound throughout the game.

We didn't get them out of sync. He just failed. There were a lot of opportunities that they simply missed.

Congratulations to GT, what a game the defense played the whole game. This is the first time in a long time when we made a tackle their guys went backwards most of the time. Coach Kelly did a great job and a great game plan.

Way to get the bowl losing streak broken and great way for Sr.s to go out as well. Kudos for Paul putting TW back in as well.

Dont good defenses get the Qb out of sync? Yes, Im a little bias towards Coach Kelly, but I saw a D that played with attitude, was more physical vs. blue chip athletes and was fundamentally sound throughout the game.
exactly. For me, it's not all about the scheme, it's about öööö tackling. We were excellent tackling. That has nothing to do with the USC QB. Tackle well and good things will happen.

Fwiw, they had 281 yrds against ND, 95 rushing, 186 passing.
They had 205 total yards against us, 98 rushing, 107 passing.

We did that without Attouchu for most of the game and I.Johnson the whole game. Even wind assisted that's pretty good considering the reputation of ND's D.
Not having him is a good thing for the defense.

You defensive haters amaze me. Here's a question for you scatman? How many points did our offense score in those 2 games you cited??? Why aren't you questioning the competence of our OC based on those 2 games??? Hell...defense scored more points in the BYU game than our offense.

Unbelievable. Defense was lights out today. But they get no credit. Neither does CCK.

Relax bud. The reason no one is questioning the OC is because we have plenty of other evidence to show that our current OC has had success. 6 quarters does not give me enough evidence to just give him the job without looking at who else is out there.

We are giving Kelly and the entire defense credit. There is no doubt that they were prepared and looked to be in position to make plays the entire game. But I don't think it's ridiculous, if we are talking about giving him the job, to look at other factors that might have helped out Kelly and the defense.

If today was an audition, then I think Kelly did everything one could expect from him and it showed on the field. There are still lots of intangibles. Does he keep the current staff if hired as DC or does he bring in other assistants? Does he stay with the scheme he ended the season with or does he make big changes in the off season? I don't think anyone can argue he lost the job today; but I wouldn't say he is a lock to win the job either. If he is the guy I think he will be an improvement over what we've seen since Tenuta left. I do think he either gets the job or he and a bunch of the other assistants will not be at GT next year.

You guys are all nuts! I guess you forgot about the 40+ UGA and BYU put on us and the 50+ that UNC put on us. But we played good vs. a backup QB throwing in 30mph winds and a team that didn't want to be there so we should hire Kelly??? Silly talk.

I dont want to hear that backup Qb crap. You guys was slobbing over the 4* Wittek. Tevin weak arm threw in that same wind as Wittek and threw a strike. Please tell me who could have done damage control any better being thrown in the DC position midseason

The D did close on the ball and played faster today, even wrapped up when doing a solo tackle. Fun to watch a Team play as One unit.

But USC did suck on O.

I dont want to hear that backup Qb crap. You guys was slobbing over the 4* Wittek. Tevin weak arm threw in that same wind as Wittek and threw a strike. Please tell me who could have done damage control any better being thrown in the DC position midseason

Tevin's passes looked alot better today. I am very happy for Tevin ending on a high note. Loved the aggressiveness of the D.

Tevin's passes looked alot better today. I am very happy for Tevin ending on a high note. Loved the aggressiveness of the D.

+1

So happy for the seniors and the program. Great win today. Go Jackets.

The defense played lights out. Love the aggressiveness. Both Vad and Tevin did great when they had their chances. Very complementary effort. Sims and Laskey ran like hell today.

The refs were out for us but we had none of it. Defense, thank you very much guys.

Just wait a öööö minute.

Kelly had less than a week for BYU. This was his first chance with the defense for more than a handful of practices. Not fair for the prior games.

This to me IMO was his true audition. He passed with flying colors.

Congratulations to GT, what a game the defense played the whole game. This is the first time in a long time when we made a tackle their guys went backwards most of the time. Coach Kelly did a great job and a great game plan.

Way to get the bowl losing streak broken and great way for Sr.s to go out as well. Kudos for Paul putting TW back in as well.

+1

This qualifies for a positive meltdown. Let's give it a few days before we start hiring CCK to an extended contract. :biggrin:

Not trying to call you out but do you think Coach Kelly is up to the task of hiring the staff and recruiting the players so that GT would have a "good" defense for the first time since 2008?

Just looking for the opinion of someone who has been there.

They have shown great improvement. I knew we had some good defensive players, and this game proved we have the ability to play good D. I say give the job to CK and bring in some other sound assistants to give him a hand. I think Groh's coaching style kept his assistants from performing. We should have a much improved defense next year despite losing some players on D line and Sweeting.

It looked like a whole new defense out there.Isn't that what we wanted from a new DC? well,we get it without turnover. 'nuf said.Givehimashot.

Not trying to call you out but do you think Coach Kelly is up to the task of hiring the staff and recruiting the players so that GT would have a "good" defense for the first time since 2008?

Just looking for the opinion of someone who has been there.

More than up for it. Coach Kelly is already recognized by most as the best recruiter. Im more than sure he will surround himself only with coaches who are passionate about what they are doing just like him.

Everyone has been asking for a young hungry DC who has something to prove, well he is right under our nose

Fwiw, they had 281 yrds against ND, 95 rushing, 186 passing.
They had 205 total yards against us, 98 rushing, 107 passing.

We did that without Attouchu for most of the game and I.Johnson the whole game. Even wind assisted that's pretty good considering the reputation of ND's D.

Not having him is a good thing for the defense.

I agree 100%. Always seemed to be out of position and would never tackle anyone.

Back