Key and Chadwell interviewed This Week

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
two things stood out to me in the footballscoop post:
1. Chip Long is a well-regarded coach.
Really?
2. Willie Fritz has deep, deep ties to Georgia.
Having coached all of less than three years here?
I know folks who know Fritz from his time in the Boro and they speak very highly of him. But his time at Southern doesn't exactly equate to deep, deep ties.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
two things stood out to me in the footballscoop post:
1. Chip Long is a well-regarded coach.
Really?
2. Willie Fritz has deep, deep ties to Georgia.
Having coached all of less than three years here?
I know folks who know Fritz from his time in the Boro and they speak very highly of him. But his time at Southern doesn't exactly equate to deep, deep ties.
God help us if we hire a coach with a losing record over his past 7 years.

justafan

college sports doomer
Notice how Saban already established himself before turning 60
Fritz has "established himself" by having success before 60 as well. That's why he is a candidate.

Saban was almost 60 when he started at Bama.

I don't know that Fritz is the right guy for the job but I don't think "62 is too old" is a great argument.

CarsonNewmanJacket

Your average fart joke teller
Fritz has "established himself" by having success before 60 as well. That's why he is a candidate.

Saban was almost 60 when he started at Bama.

I don't know that Fritz is the right guy for the job but I don't think "62 is too old" is a great argument.
Nick Saban started coaching power 5 in 1991… now some quick math will tell you that he was 40 years old when he started coaching power 5. I’m all for a G5 hire like Jamey Chadwell, but not one that hasn’t coached power 5 EVER and he’s 60 years old. If they’re old, they HAVE to have P5 experience.

justafan

college sports doomer
The last two hires (Johnson and Collins), if I remember right the ultimate choice was not a name most people were talking about. Makes me wonder how much we really know. Could be someone out of left field like Mike Houston.

GEETEELEE

We suck this much.
The last two hires (Johnson and Collins), if I remember right the ultimate choice was not a name most people were talking about. Makes me wonder how much we really know. Could be someone out of left field like Mike Houston.
People were talking about Johnson, long before the end of Gailey’s last season.

justafan

college sports doomer
People were talking about Johnson, long before the end of Gailey’s last season.
OK, maybe I misremember on Johnson. I did remember his name coming up before the hire, I just don't remember him being considered a frontrunner.

georgiatech22

Dodd-Like
OK, maybe I misremember on Johnson. I did remember his name coming up before the hire, I just don't remember him being considered a frontrunner.
He was after about 4 days. The whole search then only took a week and after about 4 days, CPJ was clearly the front runner.